FNRttC Friday Night Ride to Shoreham - 20th May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

As we pootled through Ashurst, just after where we regrouped by the Royal Engineers' flag, I stopped @mmmmartin mid flow, to tell him I was looking for a plaque which I'm sure was there, but failed to find. A brief delve into wiki-inaccurate suggests the pub there was dear Larry's local and was also allegedly used in the video for Paul McCartney's "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time". More puzzingly, I'm sure these aren't the facts I was looking for.

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
TMN took me completely by surprise overtaking me down Reigate Hill, and I was not hanging about :-)

Dictionary definition of a TMN:

1) When something you've mentioned on the internet is subsequently stated by someone else who clearly hadn't read, or has ignored your previous comments.
2) A unit of speed, approximately equal to the terminal velocity of a Royal Mail lorry heading down Reigate Hill.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Ok, @RoubaixCube we need to work on this to get you to Brighton on the next ride. If you're walking over railway bridges 90 minutes after leaving HPC things need to change. As I said at the time, we want you to get the end, and I know more about failure than most people and I'll have a think and send you a PM.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Dictionary definition of a TMN:

1) When something you've mentioned on the internet is subsequently stated by someone else who clearly hadn't read, or has ignored your previous comments.
2) A unit of speed, approximately equal to the terminal velocity of a Royal Mail lorry heading down Reigate Hill.
2 is apparently at least 186,000 miles per second, as it's faster than Litespeed ;)

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
It takes longer to edit the pics than to do the ride.

Don't let Ian give you nightmares here's the pics........

https://flic.kr/s/aHskAnWmSa

After a break I really enjoyed getting out on a night ride again and that was an excellent new route. Many thanks to Adam, Martin and Rebecca for maintaining the practice and spirit of FNRttC - I don't underestimate the work that goes into arranging it all.

Clive
We are but a few in a larger group of helpers, Clive. A few crucial people on the team may never identify themselves as such but we could not do it without them.

Top Bottom