FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - 16th May 2014, York to Hull

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

Hessle is a lovely little village west of Kingston upon Hull in the shadow of the Humber bridge.
Thank you.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Hessle is a lovely little village west of Kingston upon Hull in the shadow of the Humber bridge.

Sorry if my post came across as being a little negative.
I was being (too) flippant.
The approach to Hull is excellent; grand boulevards and excellent surfaces.
Having said that, it's also wonderful to know that breakfast is just down the road.
I love every metre ot this ride.

Last edited:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
We won't need to worry too much about bike security.

Sure, like other major towns, Kingston upon Hull has it's share of reprabates, but we don't need to fret abaht it.

By the time we hit town for bacon and eggs, they will be in bed with their sisters sleeping off massive Whte Lighning-induced hangovers after all night benders and X Box sessions.

Sorry for generalising.....not all of them have X Boxes.

Mark L
Kat C
Isaac C H

EldestCub is an "H" like his dad not a "C" like me - email sent to the usual address with correct info. And there's only room for two on that tandem so I'm leaving him and Uncle Mark to it! Plus also I would either fall over/fall asleep/expire through exhaustion and lack of fitness before the halfway sarnies. So you're much better off without me.

I doubt that very much.

Ahhh... but this way I get to come and wave you off at the start with a bike with panniers. Panniers that have been known to contain 3 large flasks of coffee and quite a lot of cake....

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Only one week to go now :smile:

For those of you thinking about riding back I've just dug out last years' track and it seems it took about 4 hours (including stops). We arrived at Chez User10119 about 1:30pm ish.

And to repeat - those wanting a spot to lurk post or indeed pre-ride are welcome round the Den. Coffee and tea and spots to doze available. Potentially some macc+cheese or similar. About a mile from the Minster :smile:

U

User10571

[QUOTE 3072179, member: 10119"]And to repeat - those wanting a spot to lurk post or indeed pre-ride are welcome round the Den. Coffee and tea and spots to doze available. Potentially some macc+cheese or similar. About a mile from the Minster :smile:[/QUOTE]
Thank you.
I may take up your kind offer K.
The idea of having to pub it (or similar) doesn't score highly (at all) on the enthusiasm-o-meter.
More words closer to the date....

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
[QUOTE 3072179, member: 10119"]And to repeat - those wanting a spot to lurk post or indeed pre-ride are welcome round the Den. Coffee and tea and spots to doze available. Potentially some macc+cheese or similar. About a mile from the Minster :smile:[/QUOTE]
I would love to take you up on the pre-ride offer - don't know what time I'll be getting to York, I finish JuJitsu in Pocklington at 8 then need to get home, changed and set off on the bike (30 miles). Might get Mrs CP to schlepp me and the bike in the car to, say, Stamford Bridge to ease the rush a bit, then ride the last stretch into town. Will PM you closer to the time.

Looking forward to meeting a good few CC'ers on the ride, and will be good to see @mcshroom and @Soltydog again.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm due into York about 10, so might take you up on the very kind offer. Didnt really fancy a York pub on a Friday night whilst dressed in cycling attire :thumbsup:

Top Bottom