FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Felpham October 10th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Apologies now if I slows ya down Ian

Hey bud... I'm always at the back anyway.. company most welcome.

Sketchley

Über Member
I'll be there... just need some last minute essentials like whiskey (or rum) for the hip flask....

rb58

Enigma
I'm out I'm afraid. What I thought was a light cold has degenerated today into full-on man flu, so a night ride is not a sensible thing to be doing (says Mrs rb58). Simon - you have mail. Sorry. Enjoy the ride y'all.

Sketchley

Über Member
Shiny bike can stay at home, might need mudguards for this :rain:

Sketchley

Über Member
True but, if we take the Gurkha bridge route, lighter is better for all the gates.
If it's really raining, will we still take the Gurkha bridge? Even if we do much more sensible cleat / shoes on the winter bike for a bit of cross country......

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Possibly not. Bearing in mind how dry September has been generally in the south, the area around Bognor has had even less rain than normal. And they don't get much to start with.
Not been dry the last few days though, more rain tomorrow....

Sketchley

Über Member
XCWeather says we might just get away with it until a bit before Arundel, then we are getting wet

Wobblers

Euthermic
But the Met Office is saying a 30% chance of showers at 7 am, so enough of this doom mongering Thank You. Though if it does rain I shall know who I'll be blaming.

Anyway, batteries are being charged, dodgy worn rear tyre swapped for new one, bike fettled and even cleaned (well, wiped over with a damp rag). All I need to do now is look out my hip flask - I'm not sure which cardboard box it ended up in after my house move...

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
But the Met Office is saying a 30% chance of showers at 7 am, so enough of this doom mongering Thank You. Though if it does rain I shall know who I'll be blaming.

Anyway, batteries are being charged, dodgy worn rear tyre swapped for new one, bike fettled and even cleaned (well, wiped over with a damp rag). All I need to do now is look out my hip flask - I'm not sure which cardboard box it ended up in after my house move...
Ahem. I meant tomorrow afternoon....heavy showers forecast all afternoon. Cross-country might be out.

I won't be riding up. 75 miles solo in the rain does not appeal very much.

Top Bottom