FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Southend on Sea 7th November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

itsbruce

Lavender Bike Menace
Well, if I missed the list, I will turn up at the start to serve cocktails and snacks. Grace should absolutely be turning up, though. Can I suggest J + A Cafe as an alternative or supplement to LMNH? http://jandacafe.com/

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Yep. Fixed.
I'd rather people not ride fixed, but, if they do, they're going to have to go to the back of the ride through the tunnel

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Saturday near London bridge, Borough market, etc - v busy. Not surprising they don't want you.
oh - I know why they don't want us. The prices, the wait at the bar, and the tellings off directed at the customers reminded me why I never ever go to the George despite it being about a hundred yards from my place of work. St. Christophers doesn't quite have the history, but the staff are nice and you can get a decent pint for £2.50

frank9755

Cyclist
oh - I know why they don't want us. The prices, the wait at the bar, and the tellings off directed at the customers reminded me why I never ever go to the George despite it being about a hundred yards from my place of work. St. Christophers doesn't quite have the history, but the staff are nice and you can get a decent pint for £2.50

At one point The George had some staff members who were part of a scheme to offer opportunities to long-term unemployed people - which is great aim - and I expect it also gave the pub some benefits in lower wage bills. When I was at Ernst & Young we once had a team dinner there. The food was pretty good. The service was friendly, even familiar, and odd in a sub-Fawlty Towers way.

Trickedem

Guru
I'm really sorry I can't make this ride. My first FNRTTC was to Southend and I've always enjoyed it. Have a great night peeps.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Slightly off the wall question not related to quality of service at The George - is it still owned by the National Trust?
Just wondered.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Well, if I missed the list, I will turn up at the start to serve cocktails and snacks. Grace should absolutely be turning up, though.

Trust me, I have mulled this over and seriously tempted by the prospect but bail out points leave me too far from home which is a bad idea.

A night ride to Brighton next year is a safer bet.

It just means you'll have to save me a gin free cocktail to be consumed on Saturday.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Normally I pop into my Mum's in Hadleigh before heading home. But his time I'll be on the regulation SMrbtL. Maybe the South London peloton should head to Woolwich ferry this time instead of Dartford Crossing?
Yay. Saves me having to dodge the Lemmings in the new, improved Bexleyheath traffic system

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Adam B
Adrian C
Andrew Br
Andrew By
Andrew F
Andrij B
Angus L