Friend insanely close passed by team sky coach

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Big Dave laaa

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
Just to try and balance the argument, when the incident occurred he was on his way to work, so technically commuting. He had been to watch the tour so technically a cycling enthusiasts. He's a cyclist same as most of us on here and we deserve some respect on the road.

EnPassant

Remember Remember some date in November Member
Facebook, grrr, nothing but pictures of kittens all day. Grinds my gears so it does. Have to avoid it first thing or I'm Mr Angry for the rest of the day.

Incidentally, IME and completely unscientifically, I find that the trade of the HGV seems to make a difference.
Construction vehicles in general and skip lorries in particular seem to make closer and more aggressive passes than many another HGV when I'm on the road. I often wonder if its either the nature of the business they are in, getting dirty all the time, or the pressures those industries put on them.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Incidentally, IME and completely unscientifically, I find that the trade of the HGV seems to make a difference.
Construction vehicles in general and skip lorries in particular seem to make closer and more aggressive passes than many another HGV when I'm on the road. I often wonder if its either the nature of the business they are in, getting dirty all the time, or the pressures those industries put on them.
It has been said somewhere that the likes of tipper drivers get paid by the load, rather than hourly like most drivers. Therefore they always seem to be in a bit more of a hurry than others. I don't know whether that is correct or not.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
In the great amateur/professional controversy, is it worth reminding people of the origins of the word amateur? Its literal meaning is lover and this sense still lingers in French. It would be pushing it to say that one can be a professional and an amateur at the same time in English but I wish we could; it would be nice to recover some of that original meaning.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It has been said somewhere that the likes of tipper drivers get paid by the load, rather than hourly like most drivers. Therefore they always seem to be in a bit more of a hurry than others. I don't know whether that is correct or not.
London KSI stats (and personal observation) appear to bear this out.

EnPassant

Remember Remember some date in November Member
In the great amateur/professional controversy, is it worth reminding people of the origins of the word amateur? Its literal meaning is lover and this sense still lingers in French. It would be pushing it to say that one can be a professional and an amateur at the same time in English but I wish we could; it would be nice to recover some of that original meaning.
Thus making a call girl a professional amateur? :whistle:

Bimble

Bimbling along ...
Wow ... all those posts about a bit of lazy journalism! No need for everyone here to get wound up by it, comment on the BBC video page or email the Beeb's sports editor if you think they need telling. For what it is worth, I expect it was a simple and unthinking attempt to distinguish the everyday cyclist from the paid professional cyclist that might be part of the Sky cycling pro team - considering this happened outside of the closed roads of a race and all.

Not that it is a positive, because the driving was inexcusable, but being a Sky cycling team coach has at least created a much bigger opportunity for a fellow cyclist like us to get some national coverage of an issue that many of us come up against regularly. I hope it does some good.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Thus making a call girl a professional amateur? :whistle:
If she loves her work, why not?

Bimble

Bimbling along ...
Top Bottom