front wheel stolen, need help matching it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
What width comment?

The wheel size is 700c, the rim width is the 622 I believe and the tyre width is 23mm, you'll need to buy one of those too, and an inner tube

vickster

Legendary Member
I said I believe, I don't know what that 622 refers to if not the rim...hence telling the OP to check in the SS forum :smile:

Venod

Eh up
Last edited:
OP
OP
harrybo

harrybo

Yes if your happy with the number of spokes, front wheels usually have the same number of spokes of less than the rear wheel but it doesn't matter, it looks as if your back wheel has 32

Edit I have just read the eBay ad in the text it says 32 spokes, so is 32 or 36 ? it will fit either way.
cool thank you so much, hopefully the sticker comes off, after a few muddy rides it will look the same as the back!

just one final thing but there is no obvious child seat fixings on this bike, is it possible to fit a childs seat to a single speed?

vickster

Legendary Member
Its the bead seat diameter of the rim.
That means less than the number :biggrin:

OP
OP
harrybo

harrybo

Thanks all! I have ordered that wheel. do I still need to buy that inner tube you recommended?

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I had a halfords rear child seat that simply clamped to the down tube of the frame under the seat on my mtb, the seat itself was held by two high tensile rods which looked "flimsy" but were infact very strong, don't know if that helps but it was a universal fit.

mythste

Veteran
Personally, I would be weary of fitting a child seat to a single speed, with the extra weight it could be difficult to get up to balancing speed off the mark unless you've got legs of Hoy proportion.

Top Bottom