Future CC Central Scotland Forum Rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Coco

I've been training for PfS on the Paisley to Lochwinnoch/Kilbirnie/Irvine cycle path.

I normally park in the car park at (the old) Paisley Canal Street Station. There's a pub there which looks quite nice too - although all pubs look nice after the run.

The path is pretty good and mostly flat. Quite a few places to stop off for refreshments on the route too.

Would have been nice to do this one, but I can't make the 27th :biggrin:

ACS

Legendary Member
I cannot make the 27th at present I am commited to supporting this event:

PROVISIONAL INFORMATION AND DATE.

Fife Century RC are hoping to run the September Reliability Runs on Sunday 27th September.
The details have still to be confirmed, but the plan is as follows
68 miles Sign on 8:30, start 9:00 Freuchie Village Hall - Glenfarg, Dunning, Newburgh, Cupar.
41 miles Sign on 9:00, start 9:30 Freuchie Village Hall - Glenfarg, Newburgh, Cupar.
There will also be MTB & novice runs; sign on 9:30, start 10:00
All runs £3

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I'm afraid I won't be able to join you on the 27th :rofl:, got to help celebrate a 50th wedding anniversary that weekend :ohmy:

T

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
lazyfatgit said:
I'll be with you in spirit, as i'll not be here.:rofl:

however, i'm sure i'll log some miles in the sun. Wot no mudguards?:rofl:
D'ya think he's been trying to tell us somethingrub it in :ohmy:

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Should we make this the 26th, there seems to be a lot of folk that can't make that day, would the Saturday suit better?

scook94

Veteran
eldudino said:
Should we make this the 26th, there seems to be a lot of folk that can't make that day, would the Saturday suit better?

Maybe we should have a poll to decide which day of the month future rides take place on?

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
scook94 said:
Maybe we should have a poll to decide which day of the month future rides take place on?

Would 'the last weekend' do then it's just between 2 days - the Saturday or Sunday, we do a vote and the majority wins?

viniga

Guru
Seamab said:
Vinega took me on a nice run from Glasgow to Kilmacolm earlier in the year. It was a wee bit hilly to Kilmacolm but there was a nice pub stop there (right at the start of the cyclepath) and a lovely well surfaced old railway line downhill cycle path to Paisley. The loop really starts/ends in central Paisley (it was good enough for Lance!). I think it was around 30 miles.
We started at Pollok Park in Glasgow (lots of car parking) and followed the NCN cyclepath to Paisley. It runs through a few schemes much like the Edinburgh one. Railway users could meet up in Paisley if preferred.

I have toastered this course, linky below.

http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=80741

Couple of steep bits and a bit of bad surface roads in Paisley. If you do it from Pollock it's a 40 mile loop, from Paisley Centlal or Canal St it's approx 30 miles AFAIR and from my house it's nearer fifty :ohmy:.

I was shown this route on a CTC ride when I used to be a member. We stopped for lunch in Kilmacolm at a nice pub.

I would be happy to lead the route - but not on that date!

Viniga

viniga

Guru
HJ said:
Not much climbing then ;) looks like it could be fun, which date would you like to lead it then?

Those two hills are steep, but the first ascent is quite short and you are rewarded with a magnificent view of the Clyde Estuary. Good photo op and snack spot (whilst you get your breath back).

We could do this in October (17th on) or later I guess.

Viniga

Top Bottom