Future CC Central Scotland Forum Rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
getting w-a-a-a-ay ahead of ourselves, what about this for November ?
Might be a nice thing to do - show appreeciation, meet other area folk, new ride etc etc - and a good excuse for a w/e away :wacko:

Ranger

HonestMan1910 said:
2 bridges, don't know if you guys have done this before ?

Starting at South Queensferry, over the Forth Bridge and then along the north side of the Forth to Kincardine and crossing either the Kincardine Bridge or Clackmannanshire Bridge and then back down to South Queensferry, approx 44 miles if using the crossing at the new bridge.

I'd agree this sounds like a good route, we could even leave from Inverkeithing for the car drivers (Park and Ride) and a really regular train service for those that prefer that.

Mid to late October would be best for me as work will be hectic until around the 10th.

HonestMan1910

Über Member
I'd agree this sounds like a good route, we could even leave from Inverkeithing for the car drivers (Park and Ride) and a really regular train service for those that prefer that.

Plenty of parking at the car park just beside the bridge itself on the south side, Tescos and also the train stops at Dalmeny, 2 mins from both locations.

Weekend of 17/18.10.09 no use to me as I am covering work then.:smile:

Guys,

Don't wait on me posting a ride suggestion. My weekends are busy at the moment so I'm not sure of availability. :smile:

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
satans budgie said:
The Forth Finale - 1 Nov 09 - 107km

Route

and on your door step scooch :biggrin:
Yeah, already seen that - and probably too short for me :blush:. Doing the 3 Glens Explorer (160km) this Sun.

Let's not start mixing up Audax rides, which are for experienced riders, who are capable of being self-sufficient for the length of the ride (usually over 100km) .....

..... with CC Scotland Forum rides, which are social rides for everyone - and therefore more "beginners' routes", ie shorter in distance (+- 50 km), no serious hills, usually on quiet, unclassified roads and preferably near a railway station (and Tesco carpark :smile:), thus allowing access for those who have no car.

For this reason, I wonder if the Round the Forth route is not too far. We want to encourage folk who have never ridden on the road before (you know who you are :angry:), folk who are starting out riding (again), who have never ridden more than 20 miles in one go, as well as those who are fit greyhounds, who don't mind stopping frequently and waiting for the rest (and getting us lost occasionally - you know who YOU are :o) !). One of the delights of our Forum rides is that no one is left behind, no one needs to feel embarrassed about being slow - and no one gets the first round in :blush: !

I also agree with mags (of course [bows in submission] :thumbsup:), that we should probably be over in the west this time BUT this requires a west-based person to come up with a route and date - and probably in the next week :ohmy:.

Failing that, let's do the Round the Forth on Saturday 26 September, starting at Dalmeny station at 1030 ......

.... and do the Paisley/Pollock route in October.

There, sorted !

[runs for cover .....]

pickup1980

Failing that, let's do the Round the Forth on Saturday 26 September, starting at Dalmeny station at 1030

how far is that

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
HonestMan1910 said:
2 bridges, don't know if you guys have done this before ?

Starting at South Queensferry, over the Forth Bridge and then along the north side of the Forth to Kincardine and crossing either the Kincardine Bridge or Clackmannanshire Bridge and then back down to South Queensferry, approx 44 miles if using the crossing at the new bridge.
;)
I think it's about 44 miles but haven't done it myself yet.

Top Bottom