Giant Defy sizing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

Nice one you got the quintessential defy 1 of that era,

Tojo

Über Member
FU*k knows now, it seems every manufacturer has different sizing now, I knew what size of frame I needed years ago as I was measured up for one, and made for me and I still fit on it but now...who knows, I still go on seat tube length as its a good start, if you cannot get a reasonable range of adjustment on the seat post either way your on a looser straight away, reach and drop can be adjusted, but if the reach of your leg is the deciding factor, then we have got to get a frame size that gives an either way adjustment.
Yes, larger-taller, people can get away with smaller frames and longer seat posts, but the shorter of us of the Homo-sapiens have a lesser range, and the cocked up sizing between manufacturers does not help at all........:cursing:

Last edited:

nappadang

Über Member
I have a composite 2 Medium. I'm 5ft 10 with an inside leg of 32".
I tried a medium and a medium /large. Either would have done but I went for medium because I preferred the ride position with seat slightly higher. Obviously, you need to try before you buy.

View attachment 87270 Finally got a Giant Defy 1 in a large size. Not the red and black one, that deal fell through.
Managed to pick up a 2013 model in white with red and black trim. Never used by the previous owner, so it is in immaculate condition.
Will have to wait a few more weeks before I can attempt to ride it, due to a rib and wrists injury from a few weeks ago.
Will give me plenty of time to decide on some pedals for it.
I've got one of these and i still think it's the prettiest bike i've seen.

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
View attachment 87270 Finally got a Giant Defy 1 in a large size. Not the red and black one, that deal fell through.
Managed to pick up a 2013 model in white with red and black trim. Never used by the previous owner, so it is in immaculate condition.
Will have to wait a few more weeks before I can attempt to ride it, due to a rib and wrists injury from a few weeks ago.
Will give me plenty of time to decide on some pedals for it.
I've got one too and it's a cracking bike. Enjoy :okay:

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I've got one of these and i still think it's the prettiest bike i've seen.
You haven't seen my Sintesi then
:whistle: ;)

Top Bottom