Giro d'italia - Comes to Belfast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ok, flights booked.
Did a quick wee check around and found a few locations , cheapest so far is £35 a night and thats 1 mile away from the start point of the Giro.... what Airport would you be planning to fly into? if its the Belfast Int then i could get you a very nice B&B at £30 but your 26+ mile from Belfast ...

Just booked flights to Belfast City.
And there is a hostel in University Street for £15 pppn - which looks close enough, but I have never been to Belfast so not sure

OP
OP
Ernie_RBR

Ernie_RBR

No worries mate, whats it called, I can check it out or have you booked that already... Uni street is also not far away from the start line

I'm quite excited now that I have booked and know that I'll be there!

I've not seen the Giro before; I know it's not in Italy but the flags are similar Haha

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Pardon the blanked logos :smile:

Found a good guess of the route last night. Will be riding that! http://connect.garmin.com/course/4940377

Kit Blanked.jpg

Last edited:

thom

____
Pardon the blanked logos :smile:

Found a good guess of the route last night. Will be riding that! http://connect.garmin.com/course/4940377

View attachment 37589
Good effort - I came through Belfast a couple of weeks ago, staying in South Belfast near the TT route.

Personally I think people are missing a trick - there was no visible sign of the Giro coming. At Belfast City - George Best airport there is no advertisement for the Giro but there is plenty about the G10 in Enniskillen last year. Walking around the city I saw nothing and even speaking to people living near lower Ormeau they were oblivious to what was about to come (admittedly I was staying in a bastion of late middle aged lesbian feminists and divorcees). Just seems to me that in a town desperate to fly flags of one sort or another, pink ones about one of the biggest bike races in the world would make a nice change.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Good effort - I came through Belfast a couple of weeks ago, staying in South Belfast near the TT route.

Personally I think people are missing a trick - there was no visible sign of the Giro coming. At Belfast City - George Best airport there is no advertisement for the Giro but there is plenty about the G10 in Enniskillen last year. Walking around the city I saw nothing and even speaking to people living near lower Ormeau they were oblivious to what was about to come (admittedly I was staying in a bastion of late middle aged lesbian feminists and divorcees). Just seems to me that in a town desperate to fly flags of one sort or another, pink ones about one of the biggest bike races in the world would make a nice change.
Indeed. If you want a £40 sportive to ride there are 3 routes for different abilities though, all with chip timing and sections that will have winners.(therefore a race in the middle of a leisure run :rolleyes:)

NI just aren't behind this at all, funding was only announced last week(I think) and the reality is, the councils will spend most of it on administration.

Top Bottom