Give me some dialogue from your day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
As in chronologically?

That could cause misunderstandings, just sayin'

Oh yes.

That was not what I meant at all!

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Having a conversation with Mrs V about her getting a part time job, just to get her out of the house

Me: "Did you see, there's a part time job going at the pet shop?"
Mrs V: "Yes, but it's no good for me"
Me: "Why is that ?"
Mrs V: "It says Must Be Flexible"
Me : “and…”
Mrs V : “With MY hips ?”

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
*****: 'Right Doug, when *** comes, don't give him any more seats, unless he shows evidence of the 'agreement you had'

Me: I'll talk to him

*** Duly arrives

Me: Right, ***** is not at all happy with you about this, he sent you a message about it, the want you to take no more.

***: 'What message? I've never seen any and anyway, I was the one who got these for you all, I am only taking the 10 we agreed on and I've only got 5 right now. If ***** has a problem, I'll speak to him about it'.

Me: I know, but...

***: He's a bit of a Bellend anyway

Me: Aye I can't argue with that, ha ha.

*** Loads his car and leaves.

Me: 'I'm for the high - jump now!' 🙄

Gwylan

Veteran
We are on tour with Vanessa at the moment.
This morning grey water needs emptying, fresh water needs refilling and black water needs consigning to oblivion.
Pulled Vanessa up alongside the drain and got the special hose out so the grey water can drain into the drain.
Jobswirth arrives at speed and tells me " you cannot do that and have to use the assigned space for campers."

Why? That was his fuse word.
"Because I tell you! And you are blocking other users from using the facility."
I walk to either side of the van in a very theatrical way and scan the horizon for the hordes of people forming a queue to use the facility.
That rather antagonised him, as I hoped it would.
"I'm not arguing the case with you. You've got to move and use the facility I have directed you to."
Can you imagine how long it took me to coil up the drain hose? Then I got the fresh water hose out to start filling the tank.
Dave, he had a badge, took that rather badly. But it was worth it.
He might have calmed down by now.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Me: No, no, seriously, I must get going.

:*****: Don't be so stupid, let me buy you a Buckie

*****: Gestures at the bar

Me: No, seriously, no!

Barmaid brings over more Buckie (she's already served us... More than once).

*****: What's your name? (I've only said about 25 times).

Me: FML

I did eventually get to escape, trust me and the Barmaid apologised to me as the guy apparently had mental health problems and I was his 'victim' for the evening.

*****:... What's your name?

Last edited:

Chris S

Legendary Member
At the weekend I was watching a sports programme on UTV were the presenter pronounced 'oo' as 'i'. She kept referring to penalty sh1t-outs.
(edited to get around the CycleChat swear filter)

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
At the weekend I was watching a sports programme on UTV were the presenter pronounced 'oo' as 'i'. She kept referring to penalty sh1t-outs.
(edited to get around the CycleChat swear filter)

It might be more entertaining (if a little disgusting some times) to watch... All those fit young guys (and girls) 😆

Top Bottom