Give me some dialogue from your day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Filling up with petrol today, a light van pulled up beside me. The driver rolled his window down and asked if I might be interested in a television. "No, not really". "It's a good one, a Samsung". "Umm, no thank you". He then made a disparaging comment about someone else's driving to his young son beside him, drove on a bit blocking the exit for someone else leaving. The eventually drove off. Incidentally he didn't buy fuel himself, but pulled in just to try and sell this presumably dodgy telly

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Not really dialogue actually, to be fair:

Lying in bed last night, having a nice, warm quiet moment...

*Phone rings*

'MDB, it's your neighbour, I've had a fall, I need your help'

My neighbour who has M.S. has, indeed fallen, hitting her head as she went.
The home help/carers arrive quite promptly and get her back into her chair, the proper way.
We then learn she is numb down one side, a new symptom for her, is also sore generally and is running a slight fever.

The home help then call NHS 24 for her and leave (I am there).
She is a strong character, if not physically, so she's nattering away as always as we wait to talk to an assessor on the phone.
NHS 24 then send for an Ambulance which eventually arrives.
I help pack a bag for my neighbour, knickers and all (not what I'd ever thought I'd be doing!) and off she goes.

Turns out she has had a relapse of the M.S. complete with a UTI and will be in hospital for a couple of days.

After getting her mobility scooter into the shed where it normally lives, my main task now? Keeping her pet Budgie fed and watered! 😆

Last edited:

Chris S

Legendary Member
Filling up with petrol today, a light van pulled up beside me. The driver rolled his window down and asked if I might be interested in a television. "No, not really". "It's a good one, a Samsung". "Umm, no thank you". He then made a disparaging comment about someone else's driving to his young son beside him, drove on a bit blocking the exit for someone else leaving. The eventually drove off. Incidentally he didn't buy fuel himself, but pulled in just to try and sell this presumably dodgy telly

The same sort of thing has happened to me a few times as well. Only an idiot would buy something that way. People must though, otherwise they wouldn't keep doing it.

Not really dialogue actually, to be fair:

Lying in bed last night, having a nice, warm quiet moment...

*Phone rings*

'MDB, it's your neighbour, I've had a fall, I need your help'

My neighbour who has M.S. has, indeed fallen, hitting her head as she went.
The home help/carers arrive quite promptly and get her back into her chair, the proper way.
We then learn she is numb down one side, a new symptom for her, is also sore generally and is running a slight fever.

The home help then call NHS 24 for her and leave (I am there).
She is a strong character, if not physically, so she's nattering away as always as we wait to talk to an assessor on the phone.
NHS 24 then send for an Ambulance which eventually arrives.
I help pack a bag for my neighbour, knickers and all (not what I'd ever thought I'd be doing!) and off she goes.

Turns out she has had a relapse of the M.S. complete with a UTI and will be in hospital for a couple of days.

After getting her mobility scooter into the shed where it normally lives, my main task now? Keeping her pet Budgie fed and watered! 😆

You are a good neighbour MDB!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
You are a good neighbour MDB!

Much put on more like - Whenever she sees me, she always has something for me to do. I sometimes try to hide 😆

Seriously though, I can't begrudge her too much, she has her reasons, I get it.

Last edited:

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
The same sort of thing has happened to me a few times as well. Only an idiot would buy something that way. People must though, otherwise they wouldn't keep doing it.

Yep, I spoke to someone recently who had been offered a bike for a tenner by a young bloke in the street. I think the bloke even admitted he wanted the cash for drugs but the chap bought it anyway.

Top Bottom