Great Cover Versions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Uncle Mort said:
Delilah by the Sensational Alex Harvey Band is completely stunning.

SAHB doing "Next" by, er, whoever wrote it, is also good.
Seu Jorge doing acoustic versions of David Bowie's songs in Portugese is worth a listen too.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Uncle Mort said:
How can Alex H not have been a total superstar? What bloody justice is there in the world?

... the Ivor Cuttler of glamrock.

To come back on topic, David Bowie's Pin Ups album had excellent covers of:

"Rosalyn"
"Here Comes the Night"
"I Wish You Would"
"See Emily Play"
"Everything's Alright"
"I Can't Explain" (
"Friday on My Mind"
"Sorrow"
"Don't Bring Me Down"
"Shapes of Things"
"Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere"
"Where Have All the Good Times Gone"

nickb

Guru
Nirvana's cover of Leadbelly's 'Where did you sleep last night' from the MTV Unplugged album rips my guts out every time I hear it.

Thin Lizzy's 'Whiskey in the jar' ought to get a mention and seeing how Jaques Brel stuff keeps coming up - Scott Walker's 'Jackie' does it for me too.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Senor Coconuts album of Kraftwerk covers, in a Latin American stylee.

I particularly love the car that won't start at the beginning of Autobahn. :?:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
nickb said:
Nirvana's cover of Leadbelly's 'Where did you sleep last night' from the MTV Unplugged album rips my guts out every time I hear it.

MarK lanegan's version of 'Where did you sleep last night' from 1990 (had some blokes called Kurt Cobain on guitar and Krist Novoselic on bass as his back up band) probably inspired someone three years later, I did like the Nirvana version, not quite as good though

Bigtallfatbloke

You can listen to a cover version I played in my sig link below....personally I think it's way better than the origional which was by some loser band from the 70's;):biggrin::smile:

Top Bottom