Gypsy Invasion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
And smell of wee.

It still doesn't give you licence to despise them and their colleagues. At least not in the morality I try, however unsuccessfully, to live by. Other moralities are available.

Its their conduct that is frowned upon not their race. Pulling out the race card to be popular is a well known sport. We all like to be popular but it would be wrong for wilful conduct to allowed to drag on for so long.

Last edited:

swansonj

Guru
Its their conduct that is frowned upon not their race. Pulling out the race card to be popular is a well known sport. We all like to be popular but it would be wrong for wilful conduct to allowed to be drag on for so long.
I was absolutely clear, then repeated myself just for good measure: it is the attitudes expressed (all too predictably) in the thread towards other human beings that I personally find sad (and scary), regardless of whether those attitudes are originally generated by racism or any other -ism or no -ism at all.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Anyone remember "Kizzy" from TV back in the 1970s?

You can watch the whole series on Youtube :

"Kizzy is the name given to the 1976 BBC adaptation of Rumer Godden's novel The Diddakoi. It starred Vanessa Furst as Kizzy.

It is the story of an orphan traveller or Romani girl called Kizzy, who faces persecution, grief and loss in a hostile, close-knit village community. This is a moving tale of human fallibility and sorrow, but also of strength, courage and redemption.

It was dramatised as a television serial, Kizzy (1976), which was produced by Dorothea Brooking for the BBC, with Vanessa Furst as Kizzy. The novel has been republished under the title Gypsy Girl, and has been adapted as a BBC radio drama of the same name.
"

[QUOTE 3659850, member: 9609"]sounds a bit like a tale from the klu klux klan - how proud you all must be.[/QUOTE]

That an illegal act was reversed? No one was hurt, to do with the fact that the police (ineffective for real help, not their fault) were in attendance and that the builder had sufficient muscle in case the 'caravanners' tried to defend their 'human rights innit' using their well known intimidation. Having worked in the Wirral-Mold area for many, many years (where this was) I have many examples of 'caravanners' causing problems - but never ever had any evidence of good.

Levo-Lon

Guru
i know a few irish travalers on a social basis from the local pubs,but i know how they get all there money and i can assure you its not taxable income ..lol

heres a couple of nice stories to keep balance in the thread.
nice if you live near by as myself and many others have too

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-21895717

View: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4nlSjt1TUNY

Drago

Legendary Member
Yep, the Sixties were a different time, and broadly speaking things move on.

One thing hasn't changed though. When you illegally occupy someone's land you're in no moral position to bleat when the landowner gets upset and threatens or uses unlawful actions against you.

I was absolutely clear, then repeated myself just for good measure: it is the attitudes expressed (all too predictably) in the thread towards other human beings that I personally find sad (and scary), regardless of whether those attitudes are originally generated by racism or any other -ism or no -ism at all.

So just to be clear, is it race or conduct that we are all concerned about? Pick one of the 2 words, no need for a complete sentence.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
This patch local to me was in use for a while. I don't know any of the details, but soon after it was vacated, large boulders appeared. AFAIK there is no planning permission for another Stonehenge.

thecart.jpg

Not sure how the cart got there. The nearest Sainsbury's is quite a hike.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Yep, the Sixties were a different time, and broadly speaking things move on.

One thing hasn't changed though. When you illegally occupy someone's land you're in no moral position to bleat when the landowner gets upset and threatens or uses unlawful actions against you.
Right, right. You know, "an eye for an eye" was supposed to be a limiton escalatory violence, not as a fricking baseline

Drago

Legendary Member
Are you not able to communicate without constant use of vernacular?

I never suggested it was right. I suggested you have no moral grounds for complaint when you break the law and the victim in turn does the same towards you. Don't be shy, you can actually read the real words and not the imaginary ones in between them.

Top Bottom