heatwave

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavgav

Guru
[QUOTE 3774012, member: 259"]39 degrees C here, and its was quite hard work getting home. I got passed on a hill I was sweating up by young bloke in a shirt and jacket, but he turned round and said, "don't worry, it's an ebike!". I might have to look into one of those things. :rolleyes:

The dog is refusing to some out of the cellar![/QUOTE]
France presumably?

MarkF

Guru
Showing 32c in my garden, very humid, I did the same as I did yesterday, a 40 mjile round trip along the canal to Skipton and back, both afternoons spent lazing and boozing.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
38 here today, it's still chuffin hot right now .... was going to go out to the pool for a swim and cool-off, but it's sweltering out there!
Cold Affligem and aircon .... that's the answer. Right off to the bar!

Lullabelle

Banana
I work in an air conditioned office, lovely, the shop floor was horrible so more fans have been purchased. I am surprised nobody passed out it was so bad. It takes me about 20 mins to walk home, the first thing I did was have a cool shower, after about 20 mins I felt as though I hadn't been anywhere near water. The air is so thick and heavy it is difficult to move around.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Thermometer outside my window said 37 degrees this afternoon, just got out of the shower now and feel like I need to go back in already

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
[QUOTE 3774161, member: 259"]Belgium, but well in from the sea, so much the same as most of Northern France.[/QUOTE]
I'm near Arras, and it's blinding today! Got another whole day of it tomorrow. I can't see me getting the Brommie out if the car. Drive home Friday midday could be interesting .... No aircon :-/

classic33

Leg End Member
Be fun when it gets warm though.

I advocate the van Rental method. Up at silly o`clock, ride whilst it's relatively cool, rest of the day to sleep, imbibe strong liquor and generally fester!
I will admit that this regime is only really practical if you're retired!!

:okay:

gavgav

Guru
[QUOTE 3774161, member: 259"]Belgium, but well in from the sea, so much the same as most of Northern France.[/QUOTE]
Got some friends in France at the moment and its 40c where they are. Scorching!!

subaqua

What’s the point
I rode home 10 miles at 5.30. Had water. Not too fast. No real issue.
Did 15 had water was hot but not overly bothered, more water when I arrived at the docs and was lovely.currently sweltering with windows closed as fire. 2 streets up . And a tad smoky

Top Bottom