Hereford to Hay-on-Wye - Sat 3rd Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

DrSquirrel

I've had a problem last night doing a 100 miler a tnight, my rear mech is ****ed and I snapped a cable. I should have another rear mech in time, and hopefully I can get the end of the cable out of the shifter - but its in there good and proper! :angry:

Given it some thought, see U in Hereford :biggrin: 50 miler with a hill will be plenty for me.

Has it been decided exactly where in Hereford we are meeting?

Yes, in the main post and my last post ;)

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I've had a problem last night doing a 100 miler a tnight, my rear mech is ****ed and I snapped a cable. I should have another rear mech in time, and hopefully I can get the end of the cable out of the shifter - but its in there good and proper! :angry:

Bugger!!!

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies

Yes, in the main post and my last post ;)

good Luck getting the bike going. I was lucky when I broke a cable off at the nipple in the shifter it fell out with a bit of a shake upside down.

Re meeting up, there was talk of those getting there early meeting for breakfast somewhere. I will probably go to Morrisons first then see you guys at the Rail station.

PS if you cant get bike going in time I could bring my Trek Valencia Hybrid up, It has Bontrager racelights on and is surprisingly quick for a hybrid 28/28 bottom gear will get you up anything. I am 5 10 seat post is about 3/4 up so would probably do 5ft 6 to 6 ft at a push.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Im thinking of starting in Aber, wasn t going to mention it as was not going to decide untill sat. Not done much riding in last couple of months so legs will probably need the warm up.

If anybody else fancies it let me know.

What time will you be starting out? The idea is sounding appealing but I need to work out logistics.

OP
OP
D

DrSquirrel

The mech and cable are unrelated. Mech was doing fine in the last few races after I decided a last ditch attempt to straighten it with the thought of buying a new one. But since it was fine in the races I kept up with it, and then it started to struggle on slight hills - going into full auto mode.

I'm 5'9" so it should fit me - and will keep it in mind, but obviously would prefer my own, if I can decide on a med/long cage I should have one in time to fit it. I have the fixed but gearing to get up the hill will make even flat speed cadence a bit crap for the distance.

OP
OP
D

DrSquirrel

Managed to get the end out of my shifter, assuming the mech gets here on time im all okay :thumbsup:

As for getting brekkie before the start - thats up to your own induvidual want as im sure there will be multiple preferences. Just be at the station for 10. If you confirm you are coming and you haven't turned up we will probably wait for you - but if you don't confirm be on time!

Banjo

Good Luck with the mech. If you need the Trek just let me know the day before so I can put the carrier on the car.

My plan is Morrisons Cafe at 0920 Hereford Station 10 am.

I could take one extra person and their bike if anyone wants a lift from the Barry/ Cardiff area.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I'll be at the station for 10:00am. The 100 miler does sound fun but as I don't know the route I will stick the the 50(ish) miler for this one :smile:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I'll be arriving at 9:20, so will try and meet up with Banjo, at least. Outside Morrisons?

In terms of breakfast, was wondering about the coach station café recommendation instead?

Banjo

I'll be arriving at 9:20, so will try and meet up with Banjo, at least. Outside Morrisons?

In terms of breakfast, was wondering about the coach station café recommendation instead?

Im easy , see U at coach station cafe about 0920 then ? Coffee cake eggs and beans should do it :biggrin:

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
[QUOTE 1460373"]
Jim will be used to me saying this, but I'm reluctantly going to have to drop out. I've taken on some duty over the weekend so can't stray too far. Plus I was out last Saturday and am away the following weekend and don't want to forget what my family looks like.

I dunno whether I'm more upset at the fact that I'm not going to meet some of you lovely people for the first time (which to be honest I was looking forward to), or that I can't now spend all day badgering a load of cyclists into buying my Pompino.
[/quote]

That's a shame mate. Still work and family have to come first.

Rhythm Thief

Veteran
Good Luck with the mech. If you need the Trek just let me know the day before so I can put the carrier on the car.

My plan is Morrisons Cafe at 0920 Hereford Station 10 am.

I could take one extra person and their bike if anyone wants a lift from the Barry/ Cardiff area.

Don't go to Morrison's cafe, it'll be a massive disappointment. Ride around to Aubrey Street (around 5 minutes' pedalling) and go to Flying Monkey cafe instead. Much, much better and considerably less depressing.

Not sure I'll be able to make this ride now, sadly ... expect me if you see me, but don't wait around if I'm not there by 10.:sad:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Don't go to Morrison's cafe, it'll be a massive disappointment. Ride around to Aubrey Street (around 5 minutes' pedalling) and go to Flying Monkey cafe instead. Much, much better and considerably less depressing.

Is it open at 9:00? Happy Cow healthy eating guide suggests not.

Top Bottom