Hereford to Hay-on-Wye - Sat 3rd Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Mech was doing fine in the last few races

But since it was fine in the races I kept up with it, and then it started to struggle on slight hills - going into full auto mode.

EEk, I might be out of my depth - I'm a little concerned that I will be cycling with someone who races :surrender: - my usual cycling company is either (younger) family members or friends who like to make frequent pub stops.

I have the fixed but gearing to get up the hill will make even flat speed cadence a bit crap for the distance.

I think you'll be fine with the fixed :thumbsup: .

lukesdad

Frequent pub stops ? Youll be fine. :thumbsup:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Sorry all for being so quiet..

I am able to attend this ride on Saturday (if invited still?)

I will be staying with relatives Friday night in Monmothshire and Mrs Sapper will drive me up to Hereford on Saturday, I assume this is feasible....

Where exactly will the ride finish and at what time?

Will PM the doc personally

Adrian

Hi Sapper. You dont need an invite open to all cc ers. Doc Squirrel is setting the rouite but it starts / finishes at Hereford Train Station at 10 am finishes when we get back which is impossible to say exactly but I would say between 2 and 3 would be a good guess depending on how many / how long the cafe/ pub stops (if any).

Pub runner dont be put off its a social ride so noone gets left behind ,even me :biggrin:

And my new (used off ebay) Dragon Ride Jersey arrived today so will be getting its maiden voyage on saturday.Well pleased.

OP
OP
D

DrSquirrel

I don't know when we will finish it all depends on the speed of the riders ;) I would guess that we would do the 50ish miles in 5 hours max moving, and possibly overall.

You could always call the other half at a set distance from the end point, its not illegaly to talk whilst riding did you know? ;)

EEk, I might be out of my depth - I'm a little concerned that I will be cycling with someone who races :surrender: - my usual cycling company is either (younger) family members or friends who like to make frequent pub stops.

I think you'll be fine with the fixed :thumbsup: .

Nah im not that fast, though I have just done a HC on the fixed, average 10% over 1.25miles 39x15 pain (others were doing it 39x25 or whatever their top on their gears were... pansy!).

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I don't know when we will finish it all depends on the speed of the riders ;) I would guess that we would do the 50ish miles in 5 hours max moving, and possibly overall.

You could always call the other half at a set distance from the end point, its not illegaly to talk whilst riding did you know? ;)

Nah im not that fast, though I have just done a HC on the fixed, average 10% over 1.25miles 39x15 pain (others were doing it 39x25 or whatever their top on their gears were... pansy!).

Thats nothing, I rode home from work yesterday after a 13 hour night shift with 30 odd pounds of cooking apples spread around the 4 panniers :biggrin:

I will be there - looking forward to it!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Deaksie,

I see you are not on the list any more :sad:

Top Bottom