Herts CC Ride 7th March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevevw

Guru
The ride will start and finish in Hertford from the two mainline train stations. For those that are travelling by car I can point you in the direction of free parking.

People driving should meet me at Hertford East station from 9:15 and I will give you directions to free parking which is only a couple of hundred yards from the station. We will wait for the 09:31 train to arrive then make our way across town to the North station to meet the 09:38 train. Those using the North station may have to hang around while we get across to you. As for Aperitif, Daveywalnuts, User3143 and any other mad people who plan on riding over to meet us, I would suggest the East station as more space and less Taxi action.

From the North station we will head out of town around 10:00 on to the country roads, Saturdays have more traffic than Sundays but by no means are they busy. The planned fuel stop will be Vanstones Garden Centre where we will more than likely see loads of other cyclists (mostly of the racing snake variety), it is a very popular cake stop. I will check to see what food will be available but have copied this from the website

Our Restaurant is open daily for breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea. PLEASE SEE OPENING TIMES

We welcome group bookings and coach parties in advance of the day .Please contact us on 01438 820412

We also run the mid week (Wednesdays) SENIOR SPECIAL- please contact us for details

Come along and sample our warm friendly atmosphere, great coffee and tea and try one of superb homemade scones.

So would imagine all sorts of food available on the day as long as we get there before 3pm when they stop hot food. If not we have plenty of pubs in this area.

Train Times
London Liverpool Street to Hertford East
Leaves London 08:42 Arrives Hertford 09:31

London Kings Cross to Hertford North
Leaves London 08:56 Arrives Hertford 09:38

Return times
Hertford North 12 and 42 minutes past the hour

Hertford East 9 and 39 minutes past the hour

Amended route here:
http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=32890

Roll Call

Stevevw
User1314? Sadly now not coming
Auntie Helen
Aperitif
Peter (depending on the weather)
The Doctor
Daveywalnuts
User3143
Eat MY Dust?
Geeza (fleeting visit)
Trevor
Mary B
Dave F
dellzegg (Now having a lay in with his first love ;0)
Radius
bleakanddivine
Sig SilverPrinter

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Good stuff, count me in!

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Aperitif said:
What is the loop steve? Station, bun shop, pub, station - as usual?;)

Station, Garden Centre (Bun stop), Station
or in your case 55km 64km 55km :biggrin:

PS You have to come I owe you a coffee

redjedi

Über Member
I won't be able to make this one either ;)

We've got our belated work new years do the night before, and there's no way I would be in a fit state to get there in time.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Hi, am very interested in this one!

Aperitif, it seems I live very close to you? I live just off Bedfont high street.. If you want I can cycle this one with you if you wanted?

Davywalnuts said:
Hi, am very interested in this one!

Aperitif, it seems I live very close to you? I live just off Bedfont high street.. If you want I can cycle this one with you if you wanted?

No problem - we'll definitely meet up beforehand- I can see you are keeping the 'Plane Spotter's Corner' flag flying as you made it to the Hilly one yesterday!

I'm only round the corner in Tachbrook Road anyway so...

The ride is only 55km or so to get there - should take us 11/2 hours if we take it easy.

:bicycle:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Oh yes! The flags were flying! haha!

Very close, am at Bethany Waye! I can see the Kebab van from my living room window!

11 1/2 hours... What a challenge! Yesterdays ride totalled 62 miles, and I stupidly done 60 miles the night before and 11 that morning, so I am sure you can push me and Ill be fine, but bring the tow rope just in case! hahaha!

Lottsa cake I think too!!

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Aperitif said:
The ride is only 55km or so to get there - should take us 11/2 hours if we take it easy.
:blush:

Thats an average of 22.77 mph Numbers I can only dream of :sad:, yesterday's commute I thought was good 17mph average and I got a tow from a truck for a couple of miles. I still felt :smile: when I got to work.

Top Bottom