Herts CC Ride 7th March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
sheddy said:
BTW how did the Dec Herts ride go ? - the one just after Christmas (?)

We had to postpone the 3rd Jan ride due to all the ice on the roads. So in effect this is the ride we should have done then.

Are you coming this time?

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Davywalnuts said:
22mph ave??? I make it about 10mph ave!! *feels sick too..*

I think you will find it is 11.385 Miles per half hour. Sounds better, but I bet it hurts just as much. :rofl:

Davywalnuts said:
Oh yes! The flags were flying! haha!

Very close, am at Bethany Waye! I can see the Kebab van from my living room window!

11 1/2 hours... What a challenge! Yesterdays ride totalled 62 miles, and I stupidly done 60 miles the night before and 11 that morning, so I am sure you can push me and Ill be fine, but bring the tow rope just in case! hahaha!

Lottsa cake I think too!!

:ohmy:I'm setting off the night before if we have to ride at that pace! Only joking anyway - if it's fine we should nail it in an hour...:biggrin: No, really I'll be serious nearer the time, when I have collected the TIR stickers for our butts.

The Bedfont kebab van - that icon of contermporary life - only mollified by the scent of the tyre shop forecourt upon which it is parked.:biggrin:

I'm sure the details will take shape nearer the time.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
I think my lunch will be cover that average distance speed soon.. haha!

Okay, am confused now, and that dont take much! However, total route looking at postings above, from Bedfont and back, in KMS, is 174kms (55+64+55). So, into miles, is it "divide by 8 time by 5"? = 108.75miles?

So divide by say 11 hours = 10mph? If however those KMS are meant to be Miles, I may just poo my pants.. hahaha!

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Ah, I see, the 55kms sprint there to Hertford equals 23mph!! hahaha! Ermm, I do believe its alot of up hill along the way too... *seriously considers replacment lungs and legs*...

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Aperitif said:

hahaha, if i keep the kebab van busy it will apply! hahaha!

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I realised whilst driving home yesterday eve that all I'd eaten that day was some cereal and two biscuits, despite doing all that cycling. I stopped at a petrol station and bought some sandwiches and a choc bar and when I got home Uncle James had put a meat feast pizza in the oven (sounds like a euphemism) so I had a pig-out evening.

Stevevw, are you planning for our halfway stop to be just cake & tea or are we eating real food? I might perhaps bring some sarnies with us if we're just doing a quick victualling stop.

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Helen
You just made me spit coffee all over my keyboard "when I got home Uncle James had put a meat feast pizza in the oven"

The cafe does do food, I will swing past that way on my ride at the weekend to see what they have to offer as I normally only have a flapjack & coffee. Failing that this is Hertfordshire I think the law is every village has to have atleast 3 pubs.

hambones

That's a nice route - takes in a lot of what was covered in last Sunday's Finsbury Park CC Roadpeace ride. The 'feeding station' at Whitwell is superb for cakes and toasties! Yum!

Top Bottom