Herts CC Ride 7th March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Davywalnuts said:
Oh, Aperitif, how could you do this to me, you bring along a QPR supporter and my team, my Beloved Norwich City, are playing them next week... and no doubt we will loose... oh oh... my hamstring really hurts...

Core blimey! Getting stuck with you two rabbiting on about football should be a bundle of laughs for me... are Alf Mortensen and Billy Bremner still playing?

Any more want to hook up with the convoy, because sooner or later 'we' shall have to make a plan of action...Peter, Crock, Radius...redjedi - any others en route or want to cycle rather than choo choo??

Aperitif said:
be a bundle of laughs for me... ??

les oeufs poursuivants monsieur???:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
I cant... quite annoyed but that nights double booked.. plus Ill be lucky to get home alive from that part of london wearing my bright Yello shirt.. hehehe!

Oh, it is, but, erm, yeh, well, was a full crowd though! Dont think it will be Tuesday...

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
No comment... a narrow lose... do you mean one of Bernard Matthews? Delia only seems to endorse instant mash these days..

I have to agree, rugby is a proper mans game! Full of hardwork and grit, just like cycling!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'm thinking of doing this. I'd probably ride up, and train back from Hertford - late afternoon shopping traffic in North London being a little below dentistry on the Funometer.

If I ride up it will be pretty much up the 'old A10' which runs a little east of the A10 proper.

All this depends on the return of my heart's desire from New York - if she's coming back on the 7th then I'm OK. If she's coming back on the 6th, then I shall spend the day making love....(I put that bit in to make the young people squirm as they think of their rentals doing it....)

Radius

SHREDDER
Erm ok I'm a maybe for this, may book my train ticket tomorrow as it's not too expensive, presumably there wouldn't be any trouble taking bikes on the trains on both the outward and return journeys to Liverpool street?

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
C of G
Sorry you can’t make it, have fun with the kids and see you next time.

Radius
Why not cycle up with the Aperitif convoy, from what I hear you need slowing down a bit. :biggrin: Should be no problems on the train either way but will drop in to the station on the way home tonight to confirm.

Auntie Helen
I swung by the garden centre yesterday to check on the food. They have a menu of cake, sandwich’s, cake, baked potato with various fillings, cake, various options on toast, cake, ham egg & chips etc., cake, pasty, cake, pie’s, cake and I even saw some vegetables being prepared. I sampled the coffee & walnut cake which was very nice.

dellzegg
Have a great lay in on Saturday/Sunday.

For those that want my mobile number PM me and I will forward it to you. I could do with an idea of who is coming by which train or riding up so we do not leave any of you behind.

Steve

seeing as it was such a nice morning i thought i would recce the leg from Boring(wood/stiff) to Hertford,very straight forward,nice wide road from Barnet upto the turn on the A1000 to Essendon,one very small hill upto Essendon Golf club and then pretty much straightforward to Hertford North Station

i am meeting Aperitif and Mr Walnuts;) at the Arkley Pub on Barnet Road at 9am,should get to Potters Bar at approx 9.20 and then its about 40 mins to Hertford.I'll say hello and then as Aperitif says do a Hincapie and swan of into the Darkness;)(really need to get back ,washed and changed ready for football later;)

See you sat morning

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Tue 3rd
lr.gif

Light Rain
7°C
Wed 4th
fa.gif

Fair
1°C
Thu 5th
pc.gif

Partly Cloudy
1°C
Fri 6th
pc.gif

Partly Cloudy
4°C
Sat 7th
cl.gif

Cloudy
7°C
1.gif

Sun 8th
cl.gif

Cloudy
7°C

Not looking too bad.

Sig SilverPrinter

looks like I am ok for this sorry to leave it so late.
With the garden centre selling cake does that mean I'm let off my baking duties:smile:
probably coming up by train .

Top Bottom