Herts CC Ride 7th March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Davywalnuts said:
I've heard the weathers going to change soon for the wurst near to this ride, any one else heard the same too?

It'll be raining sausages then! Bring it on!
Is this the preamble to something Davy? :biggrin:
I'm sure you will have done some sort of plan - I generally have spatio-directional difficulties but the outline idea is to bomb up the A312 to Northolt etc, Hit Petts Hill, South Harrow, Harrow, Mill Hill, bit of Totteridge (where the houses are bigger than Faggs Road Tescos) to Arkley, Barnet then amble up the B something something something to Hertford, dodging farm animals...how about that?
Maybe you know other / better?

Auntie Helen said:
Most sensible people would get the train, Aperitif :sad:

Yes, but davywalnuts isn't sensible - he goes 'training' :biggrin:

Funny that, I was just thinking through one or two details...we would be very adjacent to (in no particular order) the M4, M25, A40, A5, A41, M1, A1000 - not a bad 'Tour de Motons'... mind you, I half expect to see User3143 whizzing down the M1 on his trike, burning off breakfast! :smile:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
hahaha! Hi-jacking my spelling now!! Tut! hahaha! My right hamstring has twinged, but have a sports massage next week and not cycling this weekend as its time for my monthly binge, so should be fine! Just the weather concerning me more...

haha, sense never seems to prevails with me...

A "training" route i've done a few times before goes quite close to that first section to Barnet, but that bit am sure is a bit more hilly as I always fly down the A312. Ive gone Sipson, Hillingdon, Ruilsip, Eastcote, hatch end & Stanmore, little bit easier and avoids harrrow on the hill, slightly further out but coming back am with you on the A312 section. Am with you from Barnet however, A1000 to B158 seem easiest however unknown it it.. Oh yes, those houses are massive!!!

Oh, my sense of direction is very naff too so I think a 6am set of could be wise.. hehe

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
I could wear the tri-suit underneath the cycling clobber.. Er, ive got most water proof bits except shorts, but i might just sellotape Asda plastic bags to me, i always find they go that little bit extra... or is that TESCO's....

Cool, that route seems good too for me then. Were details something v.soon then.. Mmmmm, could always find a burger van am sure and grease up for the wet weather..

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Look, stop all this talk about rain... we don't want to encourage it!

Looking forward to the ride though. I have a shiny new Lidl cycling helmet now which I might bring along to amaze you all!

morning girls and boys,
having been reliably informed by Aperitif about said ride,and the fact that i live in the Ancient spa town of Royal Borehamwood-by-the-sea:thumbsup: it would make sense for me to tag along,alas,the second love om my life QPR are at home that day to Sheffield Utd,so if its ok with everyone I will cycle oop north to Hertford ,say hello and then buG*er off home again,

should be free afterwards,especially between 4th May & 7th August (football season finished;)) unless QPR reach the play off final in which case late spring bank may holiday,forget it !!!!!

gezza said:
morning girls and boys,
having been reliably informed by Aperitif about said ride,and the fact that i live in the Ancient spa town of Royal Borehamwood-by-the-sea:thumbsup: it would make sense for me to tag along,alas,the second love om my life QPR are at home that day to Sheffield Utd,so if its ok with everyone I will cycle oop north to Hertford ,say hello and then buG*er off home again,

should be free afterwards,especially between 4th May & 7th August (football season finished;)) unless QPR reach the play off final in which case late spring bank may holiday,forget it !!!!!

This comes as a great relief... :sad::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
gezza said:
alas,the second love om my life QPR are at home that day to Sheffield Utd,so if its ok with everyone I will cycle oop north to Hertford ,say hello and then buG*er off home again.

Mine are away at Altrincham.

Sounds like Aperitif has got himself a pre ride ride. :biggrin:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Oh, Aperitif, how could you do this to me, you bring along a QPR supporter and my team, my Beloved Norwich City, are playing them next week... and no doubt we will loose... oh oh... my hamstring really hurts...

Davywalnuts said:
Oh, Aperitif, how could you do this to me, you bring along a QPR supporter and my team, my Beloved Norwich City, are playing them next week... and no doubt we will loose... oh oh... my hamstring really hurts...

i presume you are going then davy,tuesday night 8pm k.o

i will say that Norwich away is a cracking day out,shame it was an evening game this year,BTW what was the score ?:biggrin:

Top Bottom