Hey you, litter lout!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What grinds my gears is the wholesale dumping of nags of rubbish at the roadside. They've gone to all the effort of driving out in the dark and sneakily dumping it when it would surely be just as easy to drive it to the dump and dispose of it proper like.

I understand why people do this. (note to all, not the same as saying I approve it would do it myself!) you'll know what I mean because of the mentality of people we deal with.

A colleague changed his only car recently to a Mitsubishi Warrior. The next time he went to the tip, they wouldn't let him in as 4x4 were considered "business vehicles" and he had to buy a license! He tried explaining that he wasn't a business owner, and it was the only vehicle he had and they wouldn't have it.

He parked outside, and in view of them called a friend, transferred everything to the back of a Renault Megane, which they then let in with no problem.

classic33

Leg End Member
I understand why people do this. (note to all, not the same as saying I approve it would do it myself!) you'll know what I mean because of the mentality of people we deal with.

A colleague changed his only car recently to a Mitsubishi Warrior. The next time he went to the tip, they wouldn't let him in as 4x4 were considered "business vehicles" and he had to buy a license! He tried explaining that he wasn't a business owner, and it was the only vehicle he had and they wouldn't have it.

He parked outside, and in view of them called a friend, transferred everything to the back of a Renault Megane, which they then let in with no problem.
More effort, at times, put into illegal dumping than legal dumping.
Question for both you and @Drago. Isn't it illegal to dump nags at the side of the road?

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
As for cyclists chucking stuff by the roadside- I had a first today. A chain plus jockey wheel lobbed up over a telegraph wire 25 feet or so up (as posted in 'your ride today') Took a poor quality pic but you get the drift.......

That means there's a purveyor of Lance Armstrong style doping kits in the area.

Top Bottom