Hey you, litter lout!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
What grinds my gears is the wholesale dumping of nags of rubbish at the roadside. They've gone to all the effort of driving out in the dark and sneakily dumping it when it would surely be just as easy to drive it to the dump and dispose of it proper like.
An interesting typo that reminds me of the rather unpleasant practice of dumping dead horses in back lanes, which does happen in Kent (and elsewhere I expect). It's the reason why my cycling buddy and I refer to Knock Mill Lane as Dead Horse Lane.

As to dumped inner tubes, why do they always* have such long stems?

*Results of extensive survey. Sample size: two.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Surely the puncture fairies will notice this practice of leaving behind holed inner tubes and punish them for their actions? Amateur footballers on the local football pitches leave behind plastic drinks bottles and snack wrappers. Seeing that they play in an organised league you'd think that someone would tell the scruffy feckers to put their rubbish in the bin or take it home with them!:headshake:

vickster

Legendary Member
Surely the puncture fairies will notice this practice of leaving behind holed inner tubes and punish them for their actions? Amateur footballers on the local football pitches leave behind plastic drinks bottles and snack wrappers. Seeing that they play in an organised league you'd think that someone would tell the scruffy feckers to put their rubbish in the bin or take it home with them!:headshake:
Write a letter to the local paper naming and shaming the organisers of the football, I expect they are responsible for the bahri our of the players if it's organised and recognised

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Years ago, I was eating a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in my van at a McD's on the North Circular. The car park had loads of bins. A souped up hot hatch with bucket exhausts and go-fast stripes was parked nearby. As it was about to move off, three windows were wound down and three bags of packaging were casually tossed onto the tarmac. Ah well.
A couple of minutes later I notice a very expensive saloon with a well dressed couple and a little girl enjoying their burgers. "They'll behave a bit better" I thought. The windows slid down and out were tossed another three bags of cr#p. The driver could have reached out and dropped it in a bin but I guess he couldn't be bothered. I was genuinely shocked.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
The twats that get to me are the ones in cars that chuck fast food crap out of the window.

The Peak District is beautiful countryside and there are a few major roads running across it. What happens is a carload of people stop at, say, KFC in Glossop. They eat on the way. After a few miles, in the middle of nowhere, they finish. So they just open the window and chuck out the rubbish.

Result is crap permanently at the sides of some of the most beautiful roads in the country
I really, really hope no one tells Matthew Parris - he'll be reaching for the piano wire again to behead cyclists. 'Cos it'll be their fault, won't it? :evil:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I found a discarded inner a couple of days ago, on my commute.
The first ever in 4 years riding the route. I was actually quite pleased, had noticed a distinct increase of cyclists in my bit recently, this confirms it.
This particular inner fits one of my bikes :biggrin:
Hope to find a few more, if they don't fit my bikes I know a local cycling charity that can use them - will fix them first, of course :angel:

puffinbilly

Veteran
What really annoys me is not only the rubbish but people nicking it - a regular sight with people searching skips etc.

Not only that - I was cycling in Blyth and had arranged with a mate who no longer needed a couple of inner tubes just to leave them by the road for me to pick up - I would be along five minutes later - unbelievably someone had pinched them :stop:in that five minutes. These weren't just any old inner tubes - no they had been promised to the two legged donkey sanctuary in Blyth so that Dobbin could once again give the kids of Blyth a ride along the beach.

If I ever find out who pinched them there'll be hell to play :wacko:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I'd love to find out which scrote keeps sticking burger boxes and empty cans in my hedge, there ain't even a burger place within a mile so it has to be someone in a car/van. Fecker :cursing:

OP
OP
annedonnelly

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
What really annoys me is not only the rubbish but people nicking it - a regular sight with people searching skips etc.

Not only that - I was cycling in Blyth and had arranged with a mate who no longer needed a couple of inner tubes just to leave them by the road for me to pick up - I would be along five minutes later - unbelievably someone had pinched them :stop:in that five minutes. These weren't just any old inner tubes - no they had been promised to the two legged donkey sanctuary in Blyth so that Dobbin could once again give the kids of Blyth a ride along the beach.

If I ever find out who pinched them there'll be hell to play :wacko:

Must've been a long five minutes @puffinbilly - I spotted the tubes on my way out at about 10am. I didn't "nick" them until 2pm on my way home. Send me a PM and you can arrange to collect them.

Do you also want the plastic rings that hold beer cans together? I've "nicked" a few of those too.

Top Bottom