Horse Poo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
IN some placesit can be illegal if there is a bye-law

I know that the horse drawn carriages in Vienna had to recover the droppings or the horse had to wear a "nappy"

I also know that in Canterbury, York and Blackpool this is also the case.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
What annoys me more is that I know it's not a bridleway where I normally encounter it, given its the ring road cycle path, and the open quiet roads are near by I don't understand why they want to exercise them along there next to the busy road.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Yes it is a daft question.

Perhaps once you've persuaded the cyclists and walkers to stop discarding litter and dog owners to stop hanging their dogs' bagged up poo off fences and hedgerows, you might find time to take on the horse riders too.

thing is, if you gathered up horse dung and hung it from trees in plastic bags in the approved manner the extra weight would damage the branches.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
IN some placesit can be illegal if there is a bye-law

I know that the horse drawn carriages in Vienna had to recover the droppings or the horse had to wear a "nappy"

I also know that in Canterbury, York and Blackpool this is also the case.

In York and Blackpool it's part of the license terms awarded to horse drawn carriage owners, in Canterbury it's a voluntary arrangement with the horse drawn carriage owners. These are special situations where the horse drawn carriages operate on fixed routes and in pedestrianised areas. It is not applicable to any horses not engaged in pulling carriages. So that means that all but ten horses or so per location are exempt from the rules.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
You do google strange things Vern!

It's not difficult to fit a poo catcher to horses, it just loops up round their tails- Northumbria Police [sometimes] use them... I'm sure most riders aren't agile enough to be able to hop off to collect the stuff in a shoulder bag and hop back on again... besides horses are so unpredictable they'd never stand still long enough in traffic to let them.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
You do google strange things Vern!

It's not difficult to fit a poo catcher to horses, it just loops up round their tails- Northumbria Police [sometimes] use them... I'm sure most riders aren't agile enough to be able to hop off to collect the stuff in a shoulder bag and hop back on again... besides horses are so unpredictable they'd never stand still long enough in traffic to let them.

I remember being sent out with a bucket and shovel as a kid if the horse that pulled the fruit and veg cart made a deposit in our street. My grandfather used to put the horse poo on his rhubarb.

I preferred custard on mine.

Top Bottom