Horse Poo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
...but the grass is lovely.

jack smith

Veteran
You should never be going faster than the distance you can see to stop in, vanishing point and all that. That dog poo you did not see could have been a child or any other person.
Slow speed is the issue when taking sharp u bends if you hit a 23mm road tyre on anything it knocks you off. You cant go fast around them anyway

screenman

Legendary Member
Slow speed is the issue when taking sharp u bends if you hit a 23mm road tyre on anything it knocks you off. You cant go fast around them anyway

I live in a very rural area with a lot of horses and cows, I know what poo looks like and in 47 years of fast cycling am yet to fall off in it, I know how to go around a corner. 23mm that is wide compared with the 19mm that were used in the past.

jack smith

Veteran
Wow you obviosuly dont know where im talking about. A series of sharp u bends called a "maze" you can not see anything, you have to constantly call out/ring a bell to avoid hitting another person nevermid see stuff on the floor. At such a slow speed when your wheel is turned near 90 degrees if it hits anything your off simple as that.
image.jpg

screenman

Legendary Member
Wow you obviosuly dont know where im talking about. A series of sharp u bends called a "maze" you can not see anything, you have to constantly call out/ring a bell to avoid hitting another person nevermid see stuff on the floor. At such a slow speed when your wheel is turned near 90 degrees if it hits anything your off simple as that.
View attachment 89912

No, you are correct I did not know where you were talking about, I doubt anyone else did either.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ive fell off on the stuff atleast twice i can remember, once(probably more) on the maze/tight tarmac corners on the route 7 c2c i cycle daily on this lath basically its a series of tight chicanes and its always covered in the stuff, and another descending a country road and a big lump of it was in the middle, i went over the bars into a hedge. Disguisting if you ask me its alot larger than dog stuff so should definatley be picked up harmful or not.

Bad luck but when riding on country roads you ought to be expecting horse poo, as well as gravel, dead animals, mud, bits of tree and so on. It goes with the territory, as they say.

Top Bottom