How do you bunnyhop?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

red_tom

buggi said:
if i had never done before i would try it with clipless pedals. you're just asking to go arse over tit the first time you get it wrong, and you prob won't get your feet out in time to save yourself !

Now wheelies, they're a bad idea to learn clipless (Ended up flat on my back with the bike still attached to my feet ;))

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
buggi said:
if i had never done before i would try it with clipless pedals. you're just asking to go arse over tit the first time you get it wrong, and you prob won't get your feet out in time to save yourself !

I have never been able to bunny hop my bike, except for when i have used a speed bump to get the back wheel up.
Much easier clipless i think, you can do it alot easier.

Keith Oates

Janner
I've used the bunny hop to get out of trouble at times, the most recent one was one evening when I was in China. The light was fading and I came up a cycle track at a fair speed and suddenly found a large square manhole cover was missing. I was too close to go around so jumped over the 'hole', it saved a nasty situation that's for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MessenJah

Rider
fossyant said:
If you can do it on a fixie...then you are god !!!
I must be god.

It's easy to actually do, but it's hard to hop very high because your pedals are obviously turning. I wouldn't do it up a curb but I do it over unexpected potholes a lot.

I had a video of me on BMX doing a bunnyhop to manual on a wall, to hop barspin off, then crash into a lamppost in Walsall, but some f*cker deleted it ;) It was pretty funny.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
fossyant said:
With clipless pedals, you can do it easy !! Looks odd on a roadie, but if it stops you hitting a pot hole !!!!

I find that the faster your speed the easier it is to jump over potholes, and on my particular commute, a vicious speed hump.

Top Bottom