How many caravanners on here?.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
2017-08-05 18.32.05.jpg

Here's my little van. Bailey Ranger 380/2.
Small enough to be towed easily by my Peugeot 207SW 1.6 HDi and big enough to provide most of the comforts. WC, shower, kitchen, fridge, heating etc. I've got a porch awning that we use if we are pitching up for a decent time and a canopy we use for short stays.
It's a great little van - an oldie but a goodie.
We have been thinking of changing it for a slightly bigger van with a permanent bed, but that would entail a change of towing vehicle. Will probably put it off for a year or two and make a decision then as there is nothing wrong with the current van.

40 nights away so far this year....and counting.

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
View attachment 366257
Here's my little van. Bailey Ranger 380/2.
Small enough to be towed easily by my Peugeot 207SW 1.6 HDi and big enough to provide most of the comforts. WC, shower, kitchen, fridge, heating etc. I've got a porch awning that we use if we are pitching up for a decent time and a canopy we use for short stays.
It's a great little van - an oldie but a goodie.
We have been thinking of changing it for a slightly bigger van with a permanent bed, but that would entail a change of towing vehicle. Will probably put it off for a year or two and make a decision then as there is nothing wrong with the current van.

40 nights away so far this year....and counting.

40 nights is good going!, we've done a week at Bridlington, a week in Scarborough and 3 nights opposite storage.

Wanted to do two weeks at Cornwall but couldn't get time off at work.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I want something as a base for single days out as well as overnight stays.
I was thinking of changing my set up for a Nissan NV200 campervan and a newer lightweight 2 berth caravan. I would have the best of both worlds then; a day van for days out and overnighters, and a caravan for longer stays. The Nissan is small enough to be used as an everyday vehicle, is economical and has a towing limit big enough to tow my current van.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
ABI?

I grew up in Beverley and have a cousin who currently runs a very successful caravan building company there.

As you know, there's a cluster of caravan makers in that part of the East Riding.

My Willerby static was built near, er, Willerby, which is south of Beverley.

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
We're hoping to beat last year's total of 52 nights.
We've booked a week near Tavistock in 2 weeks time and there is still another 4 months of the year left after that.:okay:

We had big plans for this yeat but it all went a bit tits up with my B+E licence issues and all my mates turning 40..

Saying that we've already done more holidays than we would in the tent and planning Northumberland again in October. Nice and warm with the heating on!.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Motorhomes are best. Got my first camper van in mid 1960's ( Commer pop top) and had something of similar type ever since. Now on a small coachbuilt all to myself and 2 bikes.

Top Bottom