How old is your bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pershore

No idea how old. Perhaps someone would like to date them?
First was a Universal All Terrain 12 speed. £1 at a boot fair.
Next, and much better, a Universal Series 400. Free from Freecycle and now in regular use. (Both obtained within the last 6 months)
Previous to that you would have to go back over 40yrs! A Coventry Eagle with 5 gears. Gears made in France, Hurmes or Hermes? Something like that and complete crap. They were self destructing.
Before that a Raleigh with 3 speed Sturmley Archer Hub Gears. Excellent.
Before that a Raleigh Explorer, single speed that covered most of Surrey. London and Sussex over the years.

U

User482

Breezer Storm - 1992
Marin Eldridge Grade - 1993
Thorn Audax - 1999
Giant Trance - 2006

Having said that, all my bikes are a bit like Trigger's broom.

dav1d

My mountain bike is not very old, bought it brand new in late December.
The other bike, which I still haven't fixed, is from late 70's or early 80's. Though I have had older bikes (actually seen a couple in a museum!).

I once saw an old racer a few years ago for £2 on Oldham car boot sale, just because it had a puncture! I didn't get it though, as I would have had to push it home to Salford.

nuovo_record

1982 holdsworth nuovo record (same as pro' but headset being only difference) kitted out with campag everything apart from brake levers!

2 year MTB saved from the tip - ideal for zooming round the village on

1974 holdsworth super mistral - chromed forks and rear triangle. also going to benefit from campag gran sport wheels, maillard block, gran sport chainset, cyclone rear mech, cinelli bars and stem. and also going to be re-painted in the bright orange (tribute to holdsworth and should also show the chrome nicely). can't afford much so going to take my time and try to spray it nicely

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
531ST - bought the frame in 1992 and it's had a somewhat chameleonic existance. Currently a S/S, but I'll be getting gears on it before long.
MTB - Got it in about 1999 IIRC. Will be going S/S once the above isn't, if you see what I mean.
Carbon Uberbike - frame is 16 months old, and now has a secondhand 105 groupset on it, thanks to Jiggerypokery of this parish ;)
Brompton M6R - only a few weeks old.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
13 year old (galaxy) tourer/commuter/everything bike, adopted at one year old from the agency (spa cycles adoption agency) as no one else wanted it, as it had down tube shifters.

9 year old MTB -'rockhopper' : possibly 6-9 months old at adoption (minster cycles adoption agency), overlooked by many (foolishly) as it had a (beautiful) steel frame, have put road tyres on this week & we shall be spending time together in the next few weeks of my (physical) rehab.

2 but 'very nearly' 3 year old 'road bike' (20 more days!) delivered from the wonderful people at 'cyclesense - maternity unit', with thanks to the dutch vannicholas-TiVF (titanium-very-fast) support team.

Top Bottom