I am ashamed, very ashamed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I prefer burger king or better still wendys in the US!

Wendy’s are all over the U.K. now too (ok at least in SW London). Useless though if you don’t eat meat and don’t only want chips!

Last time I had fries in McDs for the first time in years there was no salt on them, unlike the last time I had them. I’m sure they used to be salted, unsalted they’re grim (improved by ketchup and bbq sauce dippage)

Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I still have a weird hankering for a Wimpy, but I think there are sod all branches these days. ☺️

EDIT: Just looked it up and there are 3 branches in Scotland, one in Kilmarnock, one in Fraserburgh and the other in Dingwall.

Well, I doubt I'll be visiting any time soon, then... 😏😆

Last edited:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I still have a weird hankering for a Wimpy, but I think there are sod all branches these days. ☺️
It would probably be a disappointment.
EDIT: Just looked it up and there are 3 branches in Scotland, one in Kilmarnock, one in Fraserburgh and the other in Dingwall.

Well, I doubt I'll be visiting any time soon, then... 😏😆
67 UK branches according to Google, including one near me. I walk past every time I go to the barbers, but haven't actually been in for about 30 years. MAybe next time....

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
It would probably be a disappointment.

Yeah I remember the last time, it wasn't the greatest, but that was years ago!

67 UK branches according to Google, including one near me. I walk past every time I go to the barbers, but haven't actually been in for about 30 years. MAybe next time....

It's a real blast from the past though, but yes, there clearly is a reason why they are not as common as they once were. 🤦

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Some years ago, in the middle of the night, a group ride organised on this forum squelshed into a 24 hour McDonalds, cold and very wet. The management treated them right royally and offered to attempt to dry their sodden gloves under the heat lamps used for their food.

I won't hear a bad word against them, even though I'm no big fan of their burgers.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
My old, local branch of McDonalds in Dumbarton was built some time in the early '90s'.

It was built low into the ground in that style certain ones are.
Being kids, the rumour soon started to circulate that it was a building error and it was actually slowly sinking.

By now, you'd only be able to get in via a hole in the ground and a door in the roof! 😆

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I cannot recall the last time I used Mcds. I used Burger King just round the corner from work about once a week. It is always quiet and super clean.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
I eat my fair share of rubbish. But pretty much despise the "food" (*Loose sense of the Term) at Maccy D's.

Infact i suspect there's more nutritional value; and taste - if you consumed the packaging and dumped the contents.......

Dave7

Legendary Member
With MrsD being in hospital the family were with her (in looong shifts) and they practically lived on MaccDs......in a week I managed to avoid it completely.
My son is a chef but he does enjoy his share of rubbish food.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I quite like a McD's breakfast, but soggy burgers of any variety are not my thing, I'd rather pay double and get a proper burger.

MCD fries are pretty good though, KFC fries are hopeless. My OH's son does a few shiftds at Mc D, he says people drive thru the KFC over the road for chicken and the thru Mc D's for fries!

back to coffee, McD's is quite decent now, and at a motorway services, not a complete rip off like the main high street chains are where they add on £1 because its a motorway. I normally go to a Greggs though if available for a motorway coffee / breakfast. even better coffee / value.

Wendy’s are all over the U.K. now too (ok at least in SW London). Useless though if you don’t eat meat and don’t only want chips!

I can't remember seeing many so I did a quick google. Just in case anyone else is curious:
1684310061598.png

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Nowt wrong with a McDonald's every now and then. I don't care for all the cheesy stuff but a plain burger or big mac is quite nice twice a year or so. I have made burgers from just mince and seasoning and that's pretty much what a MCD tastes like. I do prefer BK chips though. I htink they have stopped adding salt because of "health", but I usually plaster a load on anyway.

Coffee is ok, better than some cafes who (when asking for decaff) they can only come up with instant sachets which taste like crap, and they still charge you full price.

Top Bottom