I am ashamed, very ashamed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Although the luvvies at McDonalds are traditionally a place to score or take drugs.

Useless fact. Mickey D's at central milton keynes was the first in the UK to employ bouncers, way back in thr late 80's. As a shiny young beat Bobby in the early 90s I'd stop and chat to them on a Saturday night.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
You are correct.

That is what maccyD do.
The sugar with the salt idea is yet another piece of internet propagated bolleaux.

Thanks - there's a lot of bolleaux about everything on the internet!

The work I'm engaged in is very-much about removing/reducing sugar, reducing salt/sodium, reducing fat, removing E-numbers, ensuring natural flavours and reducing allergens. The poultry products are very-much clean-label, very little is used that you wouldn't be at home in the average kitchen.
Rome was not built in a day, nor are fried foods exalted as the bastion of healthy eating, but that doesn't mean that BigCo's are not interested in making products that are good to eat and make them as clean and healthy as they can be.

Whether we should have BigCo processed food in the first place is another can of beans....

It was something of revalation a few weeks ago when we went up to Scotland

We stopped for a 'pit stop' and decided to have a coffee at the same time
As I passed the Costa the queue was quite long so I went to the Greggs in the car park instead

BOY was that cheaper!

and perfectlyu acceptable coffee - less acidic them some chain coffee shop cups of coffee that I have tried

In future we are going to look for a take away Greggs or Mcds - I presume other similar shops do the same thing

vickster

Legendary Member
It was something of revalation a few weeks ago when we went up to Scotland

We stopped for a 'pit stop' and decided to have a coffee at the same time
As I passed the Costa the queue was quite long so I went to the Greggs in the car park instead

BOY was that cheaper!

and perfectlyu acceptable coffee - less acidic them some chain coffee shop cups of coffee that I have tried

In future we are going to look for a take away Greggs or Mcds - I presume other similar shops do the same thing

Not sure what other shops you mean?
You don’t need to spend much to get a free coffee in Waitrose :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
If you can afford to shop in Waitrose - you don't need to worry about the price of coffee....

Yellow stickers ;)
Their single bananas cost less than Aldi, banana +coffee for about 20p :becool:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
All this talk of coffee is another world to me. I have never been a massive fan, although I used to drink a latte from time to time.

Now though, the stuff just makes me feel nauseous and I don't know why. I hope I'm actually allergic so that I can stave away all the Coffee Victims Bores.

I feel sorry for all the 'Coffee Victims Addicts out there, with their outrageous comments about not functioning in the morning with out a cup, etc, etc.

I like a tea, but I'm in no way addicted and can take or leave it.

stephec

Legendary Member
All this talk of coffee is another world to me. I have never been a massive fan, although I used to drink a latte from time to time.

Now though, the stuff just makes me feel nauseous and I don't know why. I hope I'm actually allergic so that I can stave away all the Coffee Victims Bores.

I feel sorry for all the 'Coffee Victims Addicts out there, with their outrageous comments about not functioning in the morning with out a cup, etc, etc.

I like a tea, but I'm in no way addicted and can take or leave it.

Come on MDB, don't say that you wouldn't love something like this, and no I'm not talking about the wooden handled thing at the bottom. 😂

IMG_20230518_203801.jpg

Top Bottom