i am being banned from saying this at the wedding of my niece

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

surfdude

Veteran
for fu*k sake girl . your 25 and he is 50 with 6 children older than you and this will be his 5th marriage . how on earth do you think this is going to last . just fu*king get rid of this knob head and find someone else .

its going to be hard not to but i will respect her mother . i only see her a few times a year so dont think its my place to say anything . just hope someone gets through to her before the 26 feb

sorry about the little rant but need to express it somehow . this is a good a place as anywhere

Please say it.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I feel for you. My cousin married a woman 25 years his senior. He was about 25 when they married. and they were divorced within 3 years. My Dad tried sitting him down and suggesting that if she had had her first wedding at 20 and had been married 5 times already and he was her 6th, that each relationship only lasted 5 years. He also mentioned that each husband had been about his age and that she was the one tarting about with others and made out that she was so hard done by. Cousin didn't listen, in fact it seemed to make him more determined to make a go of it.

[QUOTE 4154604, member: 45"]If I had a pound for every time someone said "why didn't someone say something beforehand?"...[/QUOTE]

I wish someone had said something to me before marrying my ex. It turned out that everyone was relieved when I got the hell out of the marriage after 3 years and 9 months. Nobody liked him, nobody at all, and nobody said a word. I couldn't see what a horrible old goat he was and I was 35 at the time. He wasn't 25 years older though, only 7 or 8.
When I divorced (actually annulled the marriage but filed for divorce) him, I discovered that I was his 7th wife. 7th! He's on his 8th now.

Maybe a nice friendly chat, nothing pushy. If he has kids older than she is, what must they be thinking. Telling her that you will be there for her when it goes tits up might be helpful but then it might push her away.
Just wondering, has your niece got a nice well paid job? I'm a horrible cynic but just wondering?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
for fu*k sake girl . your 25 and he is 50 with 6 children older than you and this will be his 5th marriage . how on earth do you think this is going to last . just fu*king get rid of this knob head and find someone else .

its going to be hard not to but i will respect her mother . i only see her a few times a year so dont think its my place to say anything . just hope someone gets through to her before the 26 feb

sorry about the little rant but need to express it somehow . this is a good a place as anywhere

I have two friends who are eight years older than your niece's partner with partners who are the same age as your neice. One couple is blissfully content, the other I'm not sure of the driving forces behind the relationship. I find it a strange experience when I meet up with them but the awkwardness problem is due to my values not coinciding with theirs and not vice versa. It's for them to make a success or failure of their relationships and for me to accommodate them.

Last edited:

Tin Pot

Guru
If you are close to your niece, then I would have a word now.

As Saluki said - a friendly enquiry, not an angry statement of opinion.

She's 25, so she's old enough to make her own mistakes. My niece is the same age and has been engaged twice, some women are just very keen to start a family.

Drago

Legendary Member

I'm kinda sensing that something is bothering you?

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days

...but is she happy?

Top Bottom