i am being banned from saying this at the wedding of my niece

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Would you have taken any notice?
Probably not. And I was only joking I don't regret anything I've ever done.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Dont agree with it?? then dont go! I would do the same thing in your position as it sends out a clear message - If your wife (i dont know if youre married or not) has the same opinion then tell her not to go either.

I have been in a similar situation with a friend who was dating and almost engaged to a complete utter twat. who came in and tried to assault me, verbally abuse me and talk about 'his girlfriend' (my friend) in an extremely derogatory manner.

Now I might not be the greatest looker in the world but at least I know how to treat others with some respect and common decency no matter who they are. This guy was a complete hole in the butt in every sense and meaning of the word.

I just turned around and said "Is this the guy you really chose to get engaged to?? Because if it is then you can come and find me when you're ready" - Left it at that and we didnt speak for 5 years until she actually came to apologise to me

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
If it bothers you so much don't go to the wedding, but maybe by doing so you will disappoint who invited you.
For goodness sake don't say anything, people about to get married don't want to hear what you have to say.
Who knows anyway, it may end up ok in the long run.

Not to put words in the op's mouth but I don't think he is assessing whether to say anything and has zero intention of. It's just a place to vent so he can go and participate.

Maybe she is.
Maybe he is?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
You could try the friendly Uncle approach, but ultimately it's her choice to make. My Brother some years back was going to marry this this old trout of a women. I advised against it. I didn't go to the wedding, and several months later he found her in bed with one of her ex husbands:eek: Needless to say that was the end of that.

Brandane

Legendary Member
You could try the friendly Uncle approach, but ultimately it's her choice to make. My Brother some years back was going to marry this this old trout of a women. I advised against it. I didn't go to the wedding, and several months later he found her in bed with one of her ex husbands:eek: Needless to say that was the end of that.

It could of been me, a lucky escape I think.

Behave yourself man, sister's in law are out of bounds! :ohmy:
Or do you mean that you were going to marry her; but your brother beat you to it?
There are other possibilities in this scenario, but ........ :stop:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Behave yourself man, sister's in law are out of bounds! :ohmy:
Or do you mean that you were going to marry her; but your brother beat you to it?
There are other possibilities in this scenario, but ........ :stop:

Good grief no no no. She was a horror.The worst chaviest old bag you could wish to meet. 4 kids from 3 different fathers and then my brother wanted to and did marry her. Briefly

Tin Pot

Guru
[QUOTE 4155185, member: 45"]At the wedding is slightly too late anyway.[/QUOTE]

...let him speak now, or forever hold his peace?

The wedding isn't too late :smile:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Its your Niece..go to wedding ,get pissed ..go home..she'll learn

my niece is married to a copleate waste of space. He makes her life a missery..total control freak and he now has a shotgun..great..

Top Bottom