i am being banned from saying this at the wedding of my niece

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
My question to the bride would be 'Does he make you happy?' followed by 'has he learnt anything from the failure of his previous marriages?

Hope you can run fast!

3narf

For whom the bell dings
You can't possibly do right in this situation.

If it was me? I'd say all that to her, calmly, while there was still time for her to back out.

And if she doesn't; you have no choice but to back her up and support her as much as you can. But you can't ever say 'I told you so...'

subaqua

What’s the point
When I was 18 and 1 month my whole family gathered together to try and talk me out of getting married the very next day, 42 years later that young girl who I did against their wishes marry the next is still my wife and my best mate. Strange things happen in life.

did she have form ? you know like 4 previous marriages and 6 kids each with a different partner ? apples and oranges

some of my friends tried to talk my wife and me out of getting married. the words were "it wouldn't last" that was 16 years ago. neither of us had previous skeletons ready to pop out.

screenman

Legendary Member
did she have form ? you know like 4 previous marriages and 6 kids each with a different partner ? apples and oranges

some of my friends tried to talk my wife and me out of getting married. the words were "it wouldn't last" that was 16 years ago. neither of us had previous skeletons ready to pop out.

No form at all, I guess they were sure it would not work. Funny thing is out of 5 siblings ours is the only one that did last.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
As always with this sort of thing you need to ask yourself the question "What am I hoping to achieve by saying something?"

If the answer is "to make her change her mind" you need to think how unlikely this is. You only see her a few times a year, you can't be particularly close

If the answer is "because I think I have to say something" you are being selfish and it's just to make you feel better, not to achieve anything other than upset people

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sounds like my niece but she is 21. Got pregnant by her boyfriend - his 4th at 21 by 3 girls. Kept my gob shut. Hes not exactly a good catch. Cant hold a job down, out on the razzle all the time.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A mate of mine has just left his wife he's been with for 30 years for a 26 year old. Awkward as we are friends with both of them so have stayed 'impartial'.

gavintc

Guru
I suggest that if you feel strongly about this, that you don't go to the wedding. In a drunken moment, you are likely to create an embarrassing scene. It is not your business to damage someone's wedding day.

Top Bottom