If it wasn't for a helmet, I wouldn't be here right now.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
cyberpete said:
"mass debate" (nice one!). OK - I had a similar situation on my bike - I was hardly moving and a guy in a BMW suddenly did an illegal U turn - In a 7 series BMW - into my left leg. Ok the leg was snapped in 2 (yes it f. hurt) but when I was thrown to the ground the helmet helped.

Oh yes:becool:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
To be really honest this thread should really be titled; 'If it wasn't for a helmet, I might not be here right now.'.

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
tdr1nka said:
To be really honest this thread should really be titled; 'If it wasn't for a helmet, I might not be here right now.'.

Actually at the time of me typing that I was also working on ordering my new helmet....

Tel

Veteran
I crashed into the side of a car and my chain snapped resulting in quite a nasty crash within two weeks of each other after 20 odd years of fairly uneventful riding. I've got away fairly injury free but its really opened my eyes to the fact that accidents do happen and I would like to increase my chances of returning home to my family in one piece...

Thanks for sharing this montage, have you inspected you chain since the accident? Upon inspection of mine I found that the chain had not actually snapped but a link had half pulled away which very likely derailed the chain. I was out the saddle too and the sudden release of tension sent me flying...

Top Bottom