If it wasn't for a helmet, I wouldn't be here right now.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

threefingerjoe said:
As I understand it (could be wrong, in which case someone will set me straight), an aero helmet (or time trial helmet) isn't protective at all. It's just for aerodynamics.

And right on cue... there are two types of TT helemets
1. just a plain fairing worn over the head to aid aerodynamics (No safety gubbins inside)
2. a aero helmet with a safety cage as per any other cycle helmet meeting the EN and BS

phaedrus

Another "A Helmet Saved My Life So Everybody Should Wear One" post. Have a look here http://www.cyclehelmets.org/1019.html for some meaningful information on this topic

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
my helmet splitting event was a little like Montage's, although (bum, willy, poo) I was doing 23mph and not 30, pulling away from lights. Too much effort on the pedals on a wet surface and the back wheel slid out from under me. I suspect this was his undoing - particularly if he was standing.

But now, some ten years on, I've stopped wearing a helmet. So there's no accounting for what passes for reason in the head of a cyclist.

phaedrus

numbnuts said:
I wonder if the people who don’t wear a helmet are the same people who don’t wear life jackets or buoyancy aid while out on the water because their they're good swimmers

Corrected.

Arch

Married to Night Train
It's funny, the more people bang on about it, the more I'm determined not to wear mine...

Wore it on Saturday, out for a long country ride, all lycra'd up. Haven't worn it today, for a short hop into the department, then to a mate's house, all in town. Still, it's nice to have the choice.

Mr Pig

Arch said:
It's funny, the more people bang on about it, the more I'm determined not to wear mine...

Cool. You can lie in your hospital bed thinking 'I sure showed them' ;0)

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
numbnuts said:
I wonder if the people who don’t wear a helmet are the same people who don’t wear life jackets or buoyancy aid while out on the water because their good swimmers

Yawn Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Mr Pig said:
You must be one boring cyclist then!

Exactly, i mean, if you dont fall off every so often, you just arent living. And it has to be due to some sort of showing off/own stupidity aswell.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Mr Pig said:
I mean, half the time when you fall off it's not even your fault.

Unless your me:wacko:
Last time i fell off, well fell over, is when i got my shorts(baggy normal shorts) caught on the saddle of my fixed when i was doing the thing with the pedals to lift you up before getting off.
I stopped dead then fell over.
No damage done.
I didnt have a helmet on though. Oh what a fool i am:sad:

Top Bottom