If it wasn't for a helmet, I wouldn't be here right now.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
I wasn't near a wheel, I was about 2 metres behind one person, and about 20 infront of another. No traffic on the road at that time. I don't think that my foot came out of the pedal ( at least until after I crashed).

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
gdean said:
Have you considered addressing the root cause? I'm afraid it does sound like you were cycling dangerously and could have easily injured others who may have been in the location. Perhaps you should consider some cycle training or asking the advice of experienced and safe cyclists?

Perhaps, gdean you should actually understand something properly, and live a little.
You appear from this one to be either an old fart, that rides very slowly and hates to see kids putting a little bit of fun into cycling and think that cycling over 12.84mph is dangerous and shouldnt be done. Or your on a bit of a wind up. Or maybe you dont know about racing(i take it you were in a race Montage?) and if you think this is dangerous, do you watch the pros when they fall off and recommend they get advice from experienced cyclists.
Infact i bet you do. I think you will sit there and watched people in a pro bike race, and see them make a minor mistake, then you write a letter to their team advising them to get some advice from more experienced cyclists.
I presume, you are meaning montage should listen to you, because your a more experienced safer cyclist?
Go on then gdean, give us some advice. How does one sprint for something? How is it that Montage fell off?

Joe24

montage said:
I was on a club run, racing for a sign at the top of the hill :becool:

You failed then. Miserably.
Might of been foot unclip, but i went along with a foot down for abit(well i remeber looking down at my foot on the ground) then slid over.
Or, you could just be a complete panzy, sprinted off, the bike lent over to one side alot, you turned the bars and just went down. You know when i mean? When you power off but dont hold the bike up you can get the bike to lean right over on one side, then you can get it to lean right over on the other side. Maybe you did that and just fell over.

gdean

Joe24 said:
Perhaps, gdean you should actually understand something properly, and live a little.
You appear from this one to be either an old fart, that rides very slowly and hates to see kids putting a little bit of fun into cycling and think that cycling over 12.84mph is dangerous and shouldnt be done. Or your on a bit of a wind up. Or maybe you dont know about racing(i take it you were in a race Montage?) and if you think this is dangerous, do you watch the pros when they fall off and recommend they get advice from experienced cyclists.
Infact i bet you do. I think you will sit there and watched people in a pro bike race, and see them make a minor mistake, then you write a letter to their team advising them to get some advice from more experienced cyclists.
I presume, you are meaning montage should listen to you, because your a more experienced safer cyclist?
Go on then gdean, give us some advice. How does one sprint for something? How is it that Montage fell off?

Wow!

I don't know how Montage fell off - neither does he it seems. I'm not sure if he was racing - was he? In any event, there are plenty of 3rd and 4th cats who could also learn to ride safely :becool:

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Joe24 said:
You failed then. Miserably.
Might of been foot unclip, but i went along with a foot down for abit(well i remeber looking down at my foot on the ground) then slid over.
Or, you could just be a complete panzy, sprinted off, the bike lent over to one side alot, you turned the bars and just went down. You know when i mean? When you power off but dont hold the bike up you can get the bike to lean right over on one side, then you can get it to lean right over on the other side. Maybe you did that and just fell over.

I was in control of the bike .... not as if I haven't sprinted before. I am pretty sure that the chain came off, which meant the next pedal stroke sent me flying due to the power being put down.

The good news is that I did a hilly 48ish miles without my kness playing up :becool:

Unfortunately Montage you won't change the mind of those who've decided helmets are useless, not even with those pictures. Glad you're OK ..................... you muppet :becool:

Joe24

gdean said:
Wow!

I don't know how Montage fell off - neither does he it seems. I'm not sure if he was racing - was he? In any event, there are plenty of 3rd and 4th cats who could also learn to ride safely :becool:

Well yes, thats obvious, but just cming on and saying he wasnt riding safely and needs to get advice isnt that helpful is it?
The more dangerous thing is someone not holding their line and when they come up to a pot hole just flicking their bike out unexpectedly, or just moving from one side to the other.
Do you ride safely then? Do you know if i ride safely?

TVC

Glad to hear there is no serious injury Montage and you will soon be back in the saddle.

Interesting this helmet impasse, three years ago when I headbutted a car at 25mph then flew over the top landing head first on the other side, there were people on the old C+ forum who aggressively suggested that my helmet in no way contributed to the fact that I am still able to feed and dress myself.

Top Bottom