inlaws visiting ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I hope they're not as they're both dead.

howard2107

Im lucky, i get on well with them. father in law is sport mad, so i get away with watching as much of whatever i want, cos the wife was brought up on it. They only live 7 miles away though, so never need to stay over. The mother in law still sees household duties such as cooking, washing up etc as being her vocation, (shame her daughter doesnt share her views), so i let her get on with it. well who am i to intervene, she knows best :wahhey:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Hubster has 3 sisters. The older 2 are welcome anytime. The younger of the 3 I wouldn't p*** on if she was on fire. Might be tempted to put out the embers with a shovel though.
She does not come to my home. She is not allowed over the garden gate threshold.

M-I-L was great, a lovely lovely woman who died January 08. F-I-L died last Feb. Not so keen as he used to slap me around the backside every time I passed him. He left bruises on more than one occasion. Hubster and youngest sis in law says that was his way. Sadly my way was to tell him that if he did it one more time that I would break his arm. When I say bruises, I don't mean little slightly off colour ones, I mean big black buggers that were big enough for my GP to ask if I was being spousally abused.

Good luck with your in-laws. If you both hate the in-law visits, why not suggest a hotel and just go out for a meal?

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
Hubster has 3 sisters. The older 2 are welcome anytime. The younger of the 3 I wouldn't p*** on if she was on fire. Might be tempted to put out the embers with a shovel though.
She does not come to my home. She is not allowed over the garden gate threshold.

M-I-L was great, a lovely lovely woman who died January 08. F-I-L died last Feb. Not so keen as he used to slap me around the backside every time I passed him. He left bruises on more than one occasion. Hubster and youngest sis in law says that was his way. Sadly my way was to tell him that if he did it one more time that I would break his arm. When I say bruises, I don't mean little slightly off colour ones, I mean big black buggers that were big enough for my GP to ask if I was being spousally abused.

Good luck with your in-laws. If you both hate the in-law visits, why not suggest a hotel and just go out for a meal?

yep we would be a happy couple @Saluki lol

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Me i hate it..
wife hates it...
i get the greif....
so how is it is for you when you have visters that should stay a day.......

ive been to the pub..i want to go back now..lol

You have my sympathy.
My in-laws are nice people and we get on well most of the time - but our house simply isn't big enough to have 4 adults in it for more than a few hours at a time and I need my space.
And my TV remote. :stop:

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
My in law has talked shoot all the way through the chris froom interview ...he talks about nothing for hrs..

gbb

Legendary Member
Get on well with ours, kinda.
FIL has to be taken as he comes, you never know if he'll be a cantankerous nightmare or genuinely ok. You nearly always know which way its going to be the second he walks through the door.
MIL is just fab.

Top Bottom