inlaws visiting ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
My in-laws need to learn the difference between helping with the baby and playing with the baby, and they need to learn it PDQ. They also need to understand that when we say don't buy her anything pink, we especially mean don't buy her a farking horrid farking cheap farking pink farking teddy farking bear from farking Clinton's farking cards that farking wants farking burning but they made us put in the farking nursery and we're going to have to farking remember to farking get out every farking time they farking visit. FFS.

Seriously. No Pink.

sounds like a good mutual understanding in the making...lol i know your pain

Saluki

World class procrastinator
My in laws are brilliant, I used to service the mother in law's broomstick for her. A joke we kept going for years. Early in my relationship with Lu the mil bought me a furry willy warmer for Christmas, which I unwittingly unwrapped in front of the whole family. From that point on it was open warfare and we were always sparring, with big grins on our faces.

I miss her.
I sent my MIL a Bedsnake Bat for Christmas one year. She loved it. Younger SIL thought it inappropriate :laugh:. FIL just looked a bit bemused. The older 2 SILs liked it, thought it was funny.

Saluki

My in-laws need to learn the difference between helping with the baby and playing with the baby, and they need to learn it PDQ. They also need to understand that when we say don't buy her anything pink, we especially mean don't buy her a farking horrid farking cheap farking pink farking teddy farking bear from farking Clinton's farking cards that farking wants farking burning but they made us put in the farking nursery and we're going to have to farking remember to farking get out every farking time they farking visit. FFS.

Seriously. No Pink.
Sell it on Gumtree and just tell the in-laws that the dog slobbered on it, or the cat sleeps on it, or you dropped it outside in some mud. Stolen by seagulls is very topical at the moment, that could work.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Sell it on Gumtree and just tell the in-laws that the dog slobbered on it, or the cat sleeps on it, or you dropped it outside in some mud. Stolen by seagulls is very topical at the moment, that could work.
They'd only replace it with something equally awful, it's just their taste and they don't bother thinking about anyone else's. The fact that it's cheapo tat wouldn't occur to them.

We could try explaining to them exactly why we don't want our daughter surrounded by more pink stuff than she inevitably already has, but it would fall on deaf ears.

Last edited:

TVC

I sent my MIL a Bedsnake Bat for Christmas one year. She loved it. Younger SIL thought it inappropriate :laugh:. FIL just looked a bit bemused. The older 2 SILs liked it, thought it was funny.
I had to google bed snake bat. Brilliant :laugh:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
We have a graduated scale of visitor tolerance:

People carrying copies of Watchtower: 0 seconds.

Grand Children visiting as a pack: 1 hour.

Single Grand Children: 2 hours.

Friends who need entertaining and who constantly need to 'do stuff: 1-2 nights.

Friends who just want to chill/doss and don't need constant tlc: 3-4 nights.

I don't have any in laws now but I never spent much time with them when they were here. If my hubby didn't like them then I felt there was no need for me to either! My parents get on really well with my hubby and he in turn likes them so our get togethers are always good. They live about 25 miles away so no need for any sleep overs!

Saluki

They'd only replace it with something equally awful, it's just their taste and they don't bother thinking about anyone else's. The fact that it's cheapo tat wouldn't occur to them.

We could try explaining to them exactly why we don't want our daughter surrounded by more pink stuff than she inevitably already has, but it would fall on deaf ears.
Pink = Burn pile, or so my mate Angela tells me. She tells the family this too. They still buy pink stuff and she still uses it as a firelighter. She says that they don't learn and that it's their problem.

Top Bottom