Inverkip to Gourock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There is cycle path that takes you through kip marina, and along the coast to lunderston bay.
you then go onto the cloch road shared path thst takes you to gourock hope that helps.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Does anyone know if the proposed cycle path from Lunderston Bay to Inverkip has been made yet
There is a VERY rough path from Kip marina to Lunderston Bay! It was responsible for wrecking the hub bearings on my Tricross a few years ago when it ended up hub deep in mud. I wouldn't recommend that path for anything other than an MTB that you don't care too much about - and no, the path hasn't improved since then!

A better route is to follow the bike path alongside the north side of the A78, following the fence of the marina from the toilets at the wee parking area. Turn left into the marina, cross over a burn and then there is a path to your right which soon becomes a narrow road taking you up toward Ardgowan estate. Where it joins the main driveway to the big hoose, turn right and follow that to the estate gates near where the Cloch Road joins the A78. Turn left onto Cloch Road. It is the A770 route to Gourock but not bad for cycling. 50 mph limit and usually not too busy. The footpath hardly ever sees a pedestrian so is fine for cycling if you prefer - it later becomes shared use anyway.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
@gasinayr

I took a diversion today along the track you were asking about...
more than happy to repeat my trip on my hybrid..
I found it no problem, tarmac behind the initial houses then a rolled (whin?) path with occasional bits near the river where some light erosion has taken place...the odd bits of broken shells along the shore part but perfectly cyclable in today's dry weather, dunno about a road bike with the very odd broken pieces of shell but more than happy to visit it, I normally if heading back home from North Ayrshire just head into Greenock and if I come down past Lunderston , I just cycle road the head to Greenock, I haven't really bothered with this path. Camped in the area as a wean..
The path was very very busy with dog walkers (just after lunchtime)
IMG_20150831_123032.jpg

The start

Last edited:

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
The path through the woodland part

GtPAxcE.jpg

Your choice...
but no problems this end today, was most impressed considering the path that was here many, many years ago...
In the end, your choice..

One thing the entrance to the path is a bit obscure...

entrance.jpg

Old Google Maps, slightly changed, look for Cycle path signs on lampposts...

Top Bottom