Irrational cycling dislikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cranky said:
....nearly forgot....

Campag snobs. Definitely.
Oh, definitely. That's a stoning offence.

gbb

Legendary Member
Guys who still ride a Raleigh 'racer' with the handlebars upturned. I mean, c'mon...we did that in the 70s. Its had its day...let it die.

giantscr2.0

Had a good find today... a guy wearing a king of the mountains jersey, riding an MTB struggling for breath on a medium climb.... made me chuckle on my way past

bonj2

one thing i can't stand - is when people are talking about some cycling product or other, the use of THE, rather than A - the definite article as opposed to the indefinite really does grate.
"i'm going to buy the specialized sirrus"
;) NO - you're going to buy A specialized sirrus! There's more than one you know!

Cubist

Still wavin'
bonj said:
one thing i can't stand - is when people are talking about some cycling product or other, the use of THE, rather than A - the definite article as opposed to the indefinite really does grate.
"i'm going to buy the specialized sirrus"
;) NO - you're going to buy A specialized sirrus! There's more than one you know!

I always get confused when I buy my toothpaste. I say "my" because it says "Colgate don't make toothpaste for anyone else" on the tube...........

Cubist

Still wavin'
I also irrationally dislike posters who make assumptions about MTBs without specific knowledge There is a very good reason why some MTB frames look small, and some seats look too low.

having said that I hate cheap shite MTB style BSO's and the majority of the codheads who ride them..........(adults by the way, not kids. The kids have just been suckered by the fashion and bling.)

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I hate it when couples buy matching bikes i.e. same model and colour but just his and hers frames and it's even worse if they have matching clothes!!!

Also I don't like bike races like TdF where they effectively cheat by riding in teams as opposed to doing it individually. Also after day 1 they should set out at the intervals at which they came in at the day before.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
+1 on the bikes being carried on cars - I know there can be good reasons for this, but it always makes me feel slightly melancholy.

People who bring the motorist's "MUST GET AHEAD, NO MATTER HOW POINTLESS" attitude to their riding.

The fixed gear fashion victims (skinny jeans rolled up on one leg, standing around your bike rather than riding it)

Riders who don't let on to you.

Riders who act towards pedestrians like bad motorists act towards cyclists.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Andy in Sig said:
Also I don't like bike races like TdF where they effectively cheat by riding in teams as opposed to doing it individually. Also after day 1 they should set out at the intervals at which they came in at the day before.

You are Henri Desgranges, AICMFP.

Top Bottom