Irrational cycling dislikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TimP

Those who ride on non-recessed cleats for anything other than road racing.

People who put away certain bikes over winter. It's a bike FFS it doesn't feel the cold. The rate of component wear will increase whatever you ride.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Cranky said:
Trikes - the upright variety. Why?
Can't answer the question, but I do see a chap on one coming out of Crewe, some mornings - he cuts quite a dash, I think.

dodgy

Cranky said:
Trikes - the upright variety. Why?

There's a lady near me who has problems with balance and I think she might also be disabled in some way, but she gets out on her upright trike. They're also popular with older cyclists who may also have problems with balance or mobility.
They used to be much more popular years ago.

Arrogant, grumpy and aloof cycle shop mechanics, I know what you do and how much you earn, get over yourselves. It's not secret-handshake higher-knowledge voodoo, it's nuts and bolts.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I'm not happy with you JtM!:sad:

Remember people - the thread title is irrational cycling dislikes. It's meant to be a bit of fun - most of my list was just playing off typical roadie snobbery.

Apart from bananas. Bananas can f*** off! ;)

dodgy

People on bikes with the saddle to low, usually POBs with their knees somewhere around their ears. I often wonder if a little guidance wouldn't turn them into serious cyclists (™).

tyred

Legendary Member
People that buy heavy, full suspension MTBs with huge knobblies to ride on the road all the time. Why?:ohmy:

People who have squealling brakes. :smile:

Bike snobs:angry:

dodgy

NickM said:
I have no cycling dislikes. It's all good, even if some bits are gooder than others.

Hopelessly optimistic, are you American? I bet you refer to problems as issues and impossible tasks as challenges?

:smile:

Cranky

dodgy said:
There's a lady near me who has problems with balance and I think she might also be disabled in some way, but she gets out on her upright trike. They're also popular with older cyclists who may also have problems with balance or mobility.
They used to be much more popular years ago.

Fair enough.

Cranky

mickle said:
Arrogant, grumpy and aloof cycle shop mechanics, I know what you do and how much you earn, get over yourselves. It's not secret-handshake higher-knowledge voodoo, it's nuts and bolts.

One LBS has ensured no further business from me for this very reason.

bonj2

Cubist said:
I also irrationally dislike posters who make assumptions about MTBs without specific knowledge There is a very good reason why some MTB frames look small, and some seats look too low.

having said that I hate cheap shite MTB style BSO's and the majority of the codheads who ride them..........(adults by the way, not kids. The kids have just been suckered by the fashion and bling.)

I often am to be seen riding with the seat "too low", due to the fact i have it low for a descent, and can't be bothered putting it up again for the few hundred metres to the next descent (or climb which is steep/short enough to ride standing)

Top Bottom