" Is it OK to get off your bike and walk up a hill?"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GM

Legendary Member
Yes! That's why they're called push bikes.

iandg

Legendary Member
carnage2.jpg

Enough said

do a google image search of 'Koppenberg' and look at the pros doing it :whistle:

Attachments

• carnage2.jpg
    carnage2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

MikeW-71

Veteran
Even the pros have had to do it.

Many years back, tackling the Muro di Surmano, many riders slung their bikes over their shoulders and ran up cyclocross-style.

postman

Legendary Member
Yes it is ok.After i finish on the Leeds and Liverpool canal,i walk myself and bike over Kirkstall Road and up past the swimming baths.I hate that road and its junctions.So much safer to cross using the Green Man.I get on after the Railway Station,when it levels off.Do i care no.I have also spotted a little cafe sarnie shop.I might just give him a visit.Instead of Costa in Headingley.Support the locals i say.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Walk!!!!!!!! no chance thats a defeat in my book :biggrin:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
This reminds me of an Arran outing some members of my Ladies group did a while back, I could not go as I was working, had not been at all then, but knew about the hills.
So a few months later I met some of the participants, asked how they got on, I was told:
"Well, we took the train to Ardrossan, then the ferry to Arran, then we started cycling. On seeing the first hill, we turned back and waited for the group in a coffee shop. All in all quite an expensive trip for coffee ..." :whistle: :laugh:

Top Bottom