Is McDonald's under-rated as a bike stop?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
MOD NOTE (you're keeping me busy this morning)

The point about McDonalds and littering has been made, it does not need to be laboured and the sarcastic responses to such posts likewise can stop.

thank you.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4519643, member: 45"]Nonsense. They're told to ask whether you want to go large. If someone has already said they don't want to you're not forced to ask, and the many competent McDonalds staff I interact with show that there are more options than you give.[/QUOTE]

Competent, polite, pleasant and mostly happy staff are some of the reasons why I like to stop at McDonald's.

Most of my visits are for mobile office use, so I've become acquainted with several of the clean-up ladies in the branches near me.

I've asked a couple about working conditions, and both said McDonald's is good to work for.

I've had several offers to bring my food across, and to keep an eye on the laptop while I nip to the toilet or go outside to make a phone call.

One of the ladies pointed me in the direction of the seats which had power points, even though I hadn't asked.

I dunno about the serving staff being scripted, but if they are, always saying 'please' and 'thank you' is not such a bad script to follow.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
[QUOTE 4519643, member: 45"]Nonsense. They're told to ask whether you want to go large. If someone has already said they don't want to you're not forced to ask, and the many competent McDonalds staff I interact with show that there are more options than you give.[/QUOTE]
When I worked there, you were supposed to ask once, whether it be going large, or selling something else like a pie or fries. You don't upsell to kids, old people etc, or to people who make it clear they only want what they ask for. Of course, it's easy to slip up when there's only 4 of you on till and there's a big event at the Assembly Rooms that no-one told the scheduling manager about...

ozboz

Guru
image.jpeg

Me and Ms ozboz think its ok !

@ozboz
I think you and Mrs ozboz need these:

2011_Mcdonalds_Team_BLACK_Cycling_Jersey_And_Shorts_Kit.jpg

AND one of these:

upload_2016-10-22_17-44-45.png

:smile:

Attachments

• 2011_Mcdonalds_Team_BLACK_Cycling_Jersey_And_Shorts_Kit.jpg