Is SC&P worth it?

Is it worth it

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
My point was and remains that you appear to have chosen your targets based on how you feel their intelligence is vs your own and then want to get in to some sort of verbal intellectual (for want of a better word) challenge with them. This is from a spectator, and appears to be only a fairly recent thing. Or I have never seen it before the last few months
If that was your point, why didn't you just say that, instead of setting out with a passive aggressive personal insult. Its this kind of attitude that is so unappealing to so many.

My only target is SC&P, if you take the time to review my posts you will see that I am not "targeting" any person. I have no intention of entering any challenge with anyone...unless of course they feel they want to start one with me.

I suggest that your frame of reference is a little too small.

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
It's a shame you didn't. You're just as entitled to put your opinions forward. And even if RoubaixCube was trolling, there's every reason to put forward well reasoned counter-arguments, not least as some people do use such arguments to advocate execution. Yes, you could expect your opinions to come under scrutiny. But, you know what? You'll also find there's plenty of support too.

This is where I have to disagree with @jonny jeez. It can certainly seem - and is, at least in part - that SC&P is just the same people rehashing the same arguments round and round again. But fostering this them and us attitude, which the whole thread is doing (no matter how unintentional that may be on the part of JJ) is no solution. There is no them and us. Everyone has opinions. And everyone will defend them - vociferously. There's no shortage of full on arguments - complete with insults! - dotted around the rest of the forum. SC&P isn't some special nest of vipers, but painting it so merely serves to scare people - all of whom have equally valid ideas - away. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.
I really don't think there is a them and us thing going on here.

If I am wrong and there is (and I am happy to concede if I have missed it) then I am grateful for your point that this was...and is...not my intention.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Actually I saw a young man who seemed rather sweetly unsure of himself. Which is why I don't buy the swaggering Mussolini act. If you're going to espouse fascism, you do need to be prepared for fellow fascists to take you out and shoot you because you said the wrong thing. Still, you carry on swaggering.

Oh, and while we're at it. I've never done a SLR with you, so it seems you don't even know who I am.

Oh OK.... In that case its less then one hour where I said hello, was introduced to a bunch of strangers from CC, a few of which were familiar because of an SLR in a noisy place where I barely knew anyone. Am I not allowed to feel 'unsure' of myself?? We probably spoke briefly but everyone seemed to be quite familiar with each other and me being the outsider, didnt wish to interrupt peoples conversations.

Again...you're such a great judge of character -- barely know me, barely spoken to me in person but yet think you know what im like.

Last edited by a moderator:

swansonj

Guru
[QUOTE 4489710, member: 9609"]I think this best sums up SCP, they go riding about in the dark, presumably less risk in having your viewpoint challenged - no wonder they don't see the problem with wind farms - LOL[/QUOTE]
I agree neither with your views on SCP, Fridays rides, nor wind farms, but that still deserved a like for sewing everything together :smile:

[QUOTE 4490098, member: 259"]SC&P visits Cafe. I'm not expecting any whirlwind romances tonight.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
17f32mods1-476488.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom