Jonathon Tiernan Locke blood passport iffy? (ToB title for Haas?)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Michael Rogers says it is Chinese Tour of Beijing stuff : https://twitter.com/mickrogers/status/413972783744712704/photo/1
So he would have finished that race on the 15th and five days later he's in Japan. Clenbuterol is out the system in 48 hours, though I guess detection methods have improved so it might be detectable longer. His explanation is plausible but he should be able to produce some evidence of having eaten contaminated meat and even if he does, it's still his liability, especially considering the warnings given over Chinese meat.

Contador is the only person who's managed to set a precedent with the meat defence and I doubt Rodgers has the same weight, so a definite ban which will finish his career, is on the cards.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Weasel words.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
If WADA warned everyone about the meat/clen issue, then why the feck is he eating it? Sky ate tuna, AFAIK and clenb. isn't present in chicken - again AFAIK.
Nor vegeatbles, or snake, or rat or dog or birds nests, and anything else that moves, that the Chinese eat.

thom

____
Clenbuterol is out the system in 48 hours, though I guess detection methods have improved so it might be detectable longer..
People are suggesting he didn't leave China immediately - if he hanged around for a few days he may just have got unlucky.
Anyway, easy with hindsight to say he should have risked Japan's radio-active food instead.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
People are suggesting he didn't leave China immediately - if he hanged around for a few days he may just have got unlucky.
Anyway, easy with hindsight to say he should have risked Japan's radio-active food instead.
It cooks itself in its own new clear (sic) bag- what's not to like?

Hmmm, unless they know something the public doesn't then this is in very poor taste IMO. If JTL is punished and proven guilty then SKY should act accordingly. Acting in any way before judgment is only going to cast more doubt on JTL. It would be very easy for SKY to remain publicly silent until the jury reach their verdict.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
What jury? You mean the panel of experts, surely? He's not facing a criminal trial, he's facing a professional disciplinary procedure.

In any case, even in the unlikely event that the hearing clears him, I don't see that it will be possible for him to continue as a member of Team Sky.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Unless something miraculous happens at the hearing (and no rider has been acquitted when it's got this far) it's career ended for JTL I fear. Can't imagine anyone touching him after a 2yr ban, especially by then he will be quite old (in pro racing terms) and still having only really raced successfully at the lower levels of the sport. I don't see how he can come back from this.....

What jury? You mean the panel of experts, surely? He's not facing a criminal trial, he's facing a professional disciplinary procedure.

In any case, even in the unlikely event that the hearing clears him, I don't see that it will be possible for him to continue as a member of Team Sky.
Ha, i don't mean an actual jury Smutchin. I mean the metaphorical kind........... "The jury is still out on this one" :thumbsup:

Hmmm, unless they know something the public doesn't then this is in very poor taste IMO. If JTL is punished and proven guilty then SKY should act accordingly. Acting in any way before judgment is only going to cast more doubt on JTL. It would be very easy for SKY to remain publicly silent until the jury reach their verdict.

It's up to them what they do, and as the article say they have taken the decision to distance themselves from him during the investigation, whether you think that's poor taste or not.

It surely can't be news to you that a) Sky have a "zero tolerance" approach <despite them hiring dopers in the past> and b) Sky don't care about people they care about the brand.

Top Bottom