Jonathon Tiernan Locke blood passport iffy? (ToB title for Haas?)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roscoe

Veteran
New evidence form JTL?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Rumour has it that it is something to do with legal representation!!!!:wacko:
This from the previousy unheralded Torquay Herald!
The Herald Express understands that the latest postponement is not related to any problems over evidence that ‘JTL’, as he is known, may be ready to present, but more to the availability of legal representatives
http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co....lues-hearing/story-21127353-detail/story.html

U

User169

Not enough cash to pay lawyers? Landis and Hamilton pretty much bankrupted themselves and I'd imagine both were sigificantly wealthier than JTL.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Not enough cash to pay lawyers? Landis and Hamilton pretty much bankrupted themselves and I'd imagine both were sigificantly wealthier than JTL.
I'm not sure who normally pays for the defence of riders who are still in a team? It may depend if you're of the stature of Contador or, say, JTL.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I'm not sure who normally pays for the defence of riders who are still in a team? It may depend if you're of the stature of Contador or, say, JTL.

You can be pretty sure that Sky is not backing him on this. They've pretty much washed their hands of him. Even if he's cleared, I'm not sure he'll be able to go back to them now.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
You can be pretty sure that Sky is not backing him on this. They've pretty much washed their hands of him. Even if he's cleared, I'm not sure he'll be able to go back to them now.
Oh, I agree with that.
I was speculating who would have paid for the defence of somebody like Pellizotti or Rebellin to name but two.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tiernan-locke-denies-requesting-hearing-delay
So it seems as if it's a legal representation issue but not of JTL's making.

rliu

Veteran
It seems incredibly stupid for him to have joined Sky as I believe at the Continental level he was racing under with Endura there was no requirement to submit biological passport values, so if he was doping he essentially presented himself to the lions' den. That and also his immediately declining performances since joining Sky made this one of the most blatant cases of doping in the last few years.

oldroadman

Veteran
Which suggests (allegedly) that something was not quite right while he raced with his previous team. If he did do something stupid without the knowledge of the team to get noticed, and then ended up recruited to one of the world's top teams without working out testing and scrutiny would follow, big mistake. The question now is, regrettably, what was happening at the ToB with his spectacular ride? He must have been tested several times at that race. It's not good for the old team and their management who one would hope are entirely blameless. And of course a two year ban at JTL's age is close to career ending. All very sad.

U

User169

Another one announced by a super-transparent one-liner hidden-away in a pdf somewhere on the UCI website.

Another one announced by a super-transparent one-liner hidden-away in a pdf somewhere on the UCI website.

We know where to find them now tho.

So it's much better.

On a list on a pdf that is not obvious on the UCI webpage somewhere...I've tried finding it and can't.

And from the Menchov pdf which was linked on cyclingnews it looks as if the pdf is alphabetical and not by date so you'll have to look through it from start to finish to spot any updates.

Well done Mr. Cookson. You rock transparency.

Top Bottom