Jonathon Tiernan Locke blood passport iffy? (ToB title for Haas?)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

True, but he's also the agent for a lot of other cyclists who aren't the target of investigations.

Not suggesting McQuaid Jnr is involved in anything intoward. It was more of a response to the idea that the McQuaid Snr camp had released the news to discredit Cookson.

thom

____
Not suggesting McQuaid Jnr is involved in anything intoward. It was more of a response to the idea that the McQuaid Snr camp had released the news to discredit Cookson.
Hmmm that is odd.

Parts of the twittersphere has chosen to interpret Endura's comments that he was clean while with them as questioning Sky's methods...

albion

Guru
Seems right that Cookson election brought a new agenda.

This certainly looks redressed news. Fact is that JTL only really performed prior to Sky, and that is when the rumours really started.
It does look insane that his performances dropped off but the problem is only of the recent now.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Brian Smith is very supportive of JTL. Mind you, he thought Lance Armstrong was clean up until the USADA document:whistle:

I agree with that completely but I'd regard us as the right side of reasonable.

It's funny that I never real thought his drop off was due to not doping now but rather Sky training methods not suiting him and people question us being cynical. Maybe I'm not quite cynical enough. I'm sure Locke ended up with a nice contract at Sky.

if he is guilty, will sky sue for damages etc - could break the bloke entirely.

I hope he is innocent but its seems a bit strange

thom

____
if he is guilty, will sky sue for damages etc - could break the bloke entirely.

I hope he is innocent but its seems a bit strange
I imagine there could be some kind of reclaim/bond/clawback possibility in riders contracts at Sky, like at Garmin. The aim being not to get compensation in the event of wrongdoing but to discourage people chancing their arm.

I imagine there could be some kind of reclaim/bond/clawback possibility in riders contracts at Sky, like at Garmin. The aim being not to get compensation in the event of wrongdoing but to discourage people chancing their arm.

I think Sky have indicated that they are 'supporting' him whilst also indicating that the issue was before they signed him.

I was looking forward to seeing him this season after the worlds ride last year. shame its gone to pot whatever the reason.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I think Sky have indicated that they are 'supporting' him whilst also indicating that the issue was before they signed him.

I was looking forward to seeing him this season after the worlds ride last year. shame its gone to pot whatever the reason.
I doubt that's the problem

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Yes, I'd read that. I wasn't really suggesting that Brian Smith was blindly supportive, just being mischievous really. There's not much else happening at the mo!
Although, Smith says that he was tested and was clean or plausible when at Endura which misses the point, non?
The problem was that his blood values were significantly different to flag up a BP issue when the Endura years were compared with the Sky year. That's not enough alone to suggest he was doping but it requires an explanation unless we think he is being targeted and fingered in a Machiavellian conspiracy.

Yes, I'd read that. I wasn't really suggesting that Brian Smith was blindly supportive, just being mischievous really. There's not much else happening at the mo!
Although, Smith says that he was tested and was clean or plausible when at Endura which misses the point, non?
The problem was that his blood values were significantly different to flag up a BP issue when the Endura years were compared with the Sky year. That's not enough alone to suggest he was doping but it requires an explanation unless we think he is being targeted and fingered in a Machiavellian conspiracy.
I know but I had forgotten what Brian Smith had said and I agree, it doesn't matter what people say, it needs an explanation. As the Guiness marketeers say, we wait.....

Top Bottom