Just seen a cyclist arrested and taken away outside my office.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wolf616

Über Member
He was wanted for putting his little fella in a dead pig's mouth

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I would imagine if they have a list of identifiable features such as scars he has some sort previous problems a bit more serious than running red lights.
Not necessarily, My dad had a huge scar across the bottom of his face and jaw. Getring at cancerrous tumour in the tongue and the jaw did nothing for his film star looks.

I have minor but visible scars on one hand and a clear incised scar in a finger (serious dog bite as a kid and not enough care wirh a stanley knife when I was old enough to know better) another couple on my wrist where a I got impaled on a broken piece of reinforced concrete and I have tattoos on every limb.

Fair enough I get summonsed to court quite regularly but you tend to as an expert witness in your specilised field.

Police can use marks/scars/tattoos as an ad-hoc quick identity check but such things aren't a necessary indicator of criminality

Cubist

Still wavin'
Not necessarily, My dad had a huge scar across the bottom of his face and jaw. Getring at cancerrous tumour in the tongue and the jaw did nothing for his film star looks.

I have minor but visible scars on one hand and a clear incised scar in a finger (serious dog bite as a kid and not enough care wirh a stanley knife when I was old enough to know better) another couple on my wrist where a I got impaled on a broken piece of reinforced concrete and I have tattoos on every limb.

Fair enough I get summonsed to court quite regularly but you tend to as an expert witness in your specilised field.

Police can use marks/scars/tattoos as an ad-hoc quick identity check but such things aren't a necessary indicator of criminality

However, if the police were able to access information about those scars, then it stands to reason that he was previously convicted or cautioned for a recordable offence.

OP
OP
M

Markymark

To be honest, I read that post as meaning the police had bothered to note distinguishing features for this guy, not that scars = criminality.
That was it. They seemingly didn't believe who he was so he told them abiut the scar to prove it was him and they had noted it previously. When they knew who he was he was arrested.

Dan B

Disengaged member
No one said it's ok. If you're going to get all hard on people, get hard on the people you'd do anyway so in the case of pavement cycling that's the inconsiderate ones currently.
One minute you're saying "zero tolerance" and then two posts later you're saying "except for when I don't think it's a big deal". That's not "zero tolerance", that's "some tolerance".

Cubist

Still wavin'
Although it's always as well to find out whether they know who you are before you give them false details.
We had a couple of brothers who spent their lives in and out of trouble. they gave each other's details and because they looked similar used to cause all sorts of confusion. They were regularly arrested because one was disqualified from driving, and the other had unpaid fines etc etc. The advent of livescan fingerprinting eventually spoilt their games. My gaoler eventually managed to prove that one had been banned from driving under his brother's name, and he was so mad he decided it was time to clear up a lot of ambiguity.

Andrew_P

In between here and there

Sorry about your Dad and also your injuries, I wasn't implying at a all that scars are a common denominator for criminals, mainly that the fact that the Police knew about his scars meant he had been in trouble before for something more serious. I very much doubt you or your family could be identified by the Police by your scars, and neither can I.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Sorry about your Dad and also your injuries, I wasn't implying at a all that scars are a common denominator for criminals, mainly that the fact that the Police knew about his scars meant he had been in trouble before for something more serious. I very much doubt you or your family could be identified by the Police by your scars, and neither can I.
Thank you, and noting the other quotes on my post, I seem to have read more into it than you intended, My apologies for jumping to the wrong conclusion.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
MOD NOTE:
This thread is NOT about the rights/wrongs or otherwise about riding on the pavement.

Please keep off that topic and away from personal abuse to fellow Members of CC.

Thank you.

Top Bottom