Knighthood for Chris Froome?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Why what's he done

Andrew_P

In between here and there
The thing is I don't really think he sees himself as British, much more affinity with Kenya came across in his book that the British Passport made it easier to race in Europe

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Dear Baby-Morts,

You are not British:tongue:

Regard
Cisamcgu

:laugh:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The thing is I don't really think he sees himself as British, much more affinity with Kenya came across in his book that the British Passport made it easier to race in Europe
Anyone who describes being doused with urine as "extremely wrong" in an interview is of the same nationality as us, regardless of where he was born or lived. I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd then described it as "a rather poor show" or something like that. He may love Kenya, but he's clearly British... as far as such lines on maps determined by the upper classes of the past matter.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
[QUOTE 3821245, member: 259"]He's a British citizen. I haven't lived in the UK since 1987 and I'm still a British citizen and proud of it. But I'm pretty unlikely to get knighted![/QUOTE]

Oh good grief. I have to get that letter I wrote in green ink back from the Queen now.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3821333, member: 43827"]I don't believe that any sports star should get a knighthood at all, for running or riding faster than others, or kicking a ball more accurately, or if they do it should not be until they have retired from the sport that has enriched them, and put a lot more back into the sport. They get enough recognition via their awards and salaries.

Most top sports stars are selfish, single-minded people during their sports careers (no problem with that - it's part of what makes them champions). Let's first see what they do with their success.[/QUOTE]

That's what i was going to say, so thanks for saving me the time and effort!:okay:

Top Bottom