Knighthood for Chris Froome?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
"I'm British... The win is 100% British."

- Chris Froome
I am British and I want UK and European country endorsements.

Anyone who describes being doused with urine as "extremely wrong" in an interview is of the same nationality as us, regardless of where he was born or lived. I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd then described it as "a rather poor show" or something like that. He may love Kenya, but he's clearly British... as far as such lines on maps determined by the upper classes of the past matter.

Speaks fluent Swahili, as well so does that make him Kenyan?

I really like him, much more than Wiggins, purely because it comes across how much he loves riding a bike. I just can't get all nationalistic pride in it. Of course he will speak the Queens English well to do parent and boarding school education tend to do that.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Speaks fluent Swahili, as well so does that make him Kenyan?
No, but surely being born in Kenya does!

I would have thought that he would automatically be entitled to dual-nationality unless he gave up one of them? :whistle:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Putting aside my dislike of "the system", if athletes are to be further rewarded for their sporting achievements rather than any work they do for charity etc, I'd much prefer it happens after they retire so it stops riding on the wave of what's popular in the heat of the moment.

I hope one day to be able to proclaim "I am not British".

AndyRM

XOXO
Putting aside my dislike of "the system", if athletes are to be further rewarded for their sporting achievements rather than any work they do for charity etc, I'd much prefer it happens after they retire so it stops riding on the wave of what's popular in the heat of the moment.

Good point that. I'd maybe go a step further and make awards posthumous to recognise a lifetime, rather than a moment.

Bianchi boy

Über Member
Its a fantastic achievement, but may members of our forces have done far more to warrant getting honoured. Knighthoods are given out far too easy in my opinion, and not always to the most worthy. That said he has made a massive contribution to british sport and i would not take any credit away from him for that, but a knighthood, no.
Why would you want to give someone a knighthood for invading another country and murdering their inhabitants

Top Bottom